“very good”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Well Service great worried about my dog I was allowed in three dogs in total six adults
lunch a Cheese Burger on a wooden slate chips garnish Bucket of Chips and a free drink
Even water Brought for the Dogs lovely old building warm cosy
Staff realy friendly and help full Base Right in The middle of town
A great Place to call good menu Spotless thank you to all During my visit coming out arch way on right a square of shop's gift and tatoo and a baby shop general store card shop real surprized
Small araea with a lot

1  Thank Richard S

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Couldn’t see that many places to eat in the centre of Cardigan, so opted for here. A nice busy pub, good menu. A handfull of locals eating there, so a good sign. I had the fish and chips, which was very nice, and a huge portion. My wife had the Ploughmans platter, which would have easily fed both of us if we had known. Both meals really nicely presented. Friendly, welcoming staff.

1  Thank Wales1769
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We ate here an hour ago, we went to a couple of other pubs first & they were dirty & uninviting, so we found the Black Lion at first it looked the goods! Friendly, clean & comfortable, the bar girl changed shifts & was replaced with a woman who didn't understand English very well, then we ordered our meals Lasgna & chips £5.95 cold & tasteless, the black lion burger with cheese, bacon egg, onion rings & steak cut chips & some other chips in their own little frying basket that still had a plastic clip lock tag attached as when first purchased. The meal was presented well on a shale serving plate, but the star of the burger should be meat ! WRONG instead of a well seasoned beef mince, I got a cheap sausage mince! Really! For £9.95 I want quality & taste.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Very embarrassing to see a large party who were there before us have their order forgotten, this made us worry about our order. this large group ended up walking out as the manager was apparently cooking, although she appeared once they left. when our food turned up it was a bit shocking really, Me and my wife ordered rib eye with all the trimmings. we got served rump steak on a coleslaw bed with gravy, wasn't the worst steak but disappointing when expecting rib eye. My brother in law ordered a swordfish steak in balsamic glaze, this was pure white and tasteless and the glaze which appeared to be soya sauce based was on the plate. I felt most sorry for the waitress as they were having to answer to irate customers for poor kitchen service.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Being a local we have eaten here before and the food was delicious. Having friends visiting we decided to take them here for an evening meal and booked a table. We were 8. Had drinks and ordered food with a lovely young waitress. We were busy chatting and didn't really realize that an hour had passed and no food, other tables were having their food who arrived after us! We asked the waitress to check where our food was. She eventually returned and said chef and mislaid our order and hadn't even started it yet!!!! We asked to see the manager who refused to show up but offered us a free round of drinks. By this time hour and half had gone!!! We left disappointed and angry. How on earth did no member of staff realize that we didn't have our food infront of us! Poor poor service.

2  Thank TedAugust