“Amazing food and service”

Newton's Restaurant at The Montpellier Hotel
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Description: We have a comfortable restaurant, serving a selection of starters, mains and desserts. The restaurant seats up to 32 people, with groups up to 8 people accommodated. We are open to the public in the evening, from 5.30pm Wednesday to Saturday, and from 12.30 lunchtime on Sunday. The adjoining lounge bar is perfect for a pre or post dinner drink.
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We visited the hotel and restaurant as a stop over while looking for property in the area.

The steak I had with all the trimmings was one of the best meals I've had out in a long time.

Even though I was well satisfied and full after dinner I thought It would be criminal not to try The chocolate tart for dessert which was to die for. Yum.

The service was friendly, and the manager made us feel so welcome.

I really hope more locals and visitors to the area choose to come here for dinner.

Excellent value for money, we are definitely coming back when next in the area.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We booked to stay in the hotel and after reading reviews we decided to try the restaurant! Well it was well worth it. Although the menu is small it is well executed! I had pizza for my main which was perfect - crisp base, tomatoey tomato sauce and tasty cheese and toppings. It was so big it beat me ( well I was saving room for pudding )
For pudding I had the chocolate tart! It was a chocoholics dream! Chocolate ganache topped with more melted chocolate! Absolutely divine! I think my husband will be requesting it for breakfast!
The manager (who I'm so sorry I didn't catch your name) was friendly and chatty. Offering recommendations on food, drinks and the surrounding areas. It was lovely to have a chat with him and really was just the cherry on top of a wonderful dining experience! I cannot recommend highly enough!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

The restaurant had only recently opened when we visited in early December so we were the only people in, the food and service were excellent, and I'm sure the next time we visit we will have to book !

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Had our first visit here this evening, we were greeted at the door by the manager and shown to a beautifully laid out table, there were 2 adults and 1child and I have to say our food was first class, all of it homemade and absolutely beautiful, I will say if you do go for food please try the homemade brioche soaked in condensed milk, omg its well I want the recipe, 100% worth every penny, and less than £40 for the 3 of us, two courses and drinks for all us, will definitely be back again and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Had an absolutely amazing meal here. I must say the most family friendly place I've been to in such a long time! Food was superb, tasted fantastic, cooked to perfection and massive portion. It was so good took what we couldn't finish home for later. Really good menu choice. Can't wait to go back. A new business off to a fantastic start with clearly exciting and promising things to come. If your after a lovely family relaxed dining experience with quality food then you won't be disappointed.