“Great little cafe”

Mynydd ddu tea rooms Cwmdu
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Crickhowell
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great coffee and a good cooked breakfast and good value. Warm welcome from lovely staff. Will most definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 7 February 2018

A nice friendly welcome waits for you at this little gem of a place. My husband enjoyed a full cooked breakfast whilst I opted for Welsh rarebit with homemade chutney, and both hit the spot! It's rare to find a cafe these days that offers good quality dishes prepared on the premises, and with a plethora of awards to back it up you know you're in the right place.
A nice, clean establishment where nothing is too much trouble. A must if you're in the area and be sure to check out the cakes - we bought a chocolate and banana loaf and it simply melted in the mouth. Cracking!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I was so hungry I was banging on the door just before 8am. Keen to start walking. great place to visit before walking the Black mountains or the Brecons. Great service and full cooked breakfast - Big boy is perfect to set you up for a day outdoors.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Visited this cafe as it's really handy for the local campsite. I really want to write something nice here and give it a better rating but a couple of things are stopping me.

The food is nice, the breakfast was filling and a decent price, I think it was £5.95 for a standard breakfast with a cup of tea. But here is the crux and I hope the owners read this as i think this is constructive criticism.

An extra cup of tea costs £1.70 for a small mug!
the second morning I ordered beans on toast and guess what it was the same price as the standard breakfast the day before....how can beans on toast be the same price as a full English breakfast?

However is a decent cafe and the foods ok!

Date of visit: August 2017
3  Thank Matto8750
Reviewed 13 August 2017

...and although it looks nice and you know people who've been there an liked it - but you've always been a little cautious about going in - in case its not all it's cracked up to be?

I've passed this place hundreds of times and always had a reason for not stopping, but today, the sun was shining, I had plenty of time and my tummy was rumbling. "in you go" I said, parked the car and went in. Blimey, what a clean, appetising place with really genuinely friendly people. Medium breakfast and coffee was needed and brought to my table immaculately cooked and presented.

"Where have you been all my life" I chided myself between mouthfuls - wishing I had room for all then cakes on display and probably a main course or two.

Wasted years, that I'm quite keen to make up. Well done to all the staff there, brilliant job!

Date of visit: August 2017