“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Awesome Sunday Lunch, best of the year so far. Piping hot, nice gravy tender meat with seasoned veg and cauliflower cheese. Only let down was the Cherry cheesecake which had a soggy base and not to my taste.

Sat to the left in the bar area which was cosy and warm. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Called in having not booked after a morning hike. Luckily they had a table spare next to the log burner (great for February). We were told that on Sunday's, only Sunday lunch was available which meant that having ordered we only waited five minutes for the food to arrive. We tried beef and lamb, both superb. The beef must have been slow cooked (which is my favourite) as it was so tender and contained no fat. The staff were chirpy and polite, the prices were fair and portion size excellent. We will definitely be returning. I would recommend this restaurant but would book in advance.

1  Thank finn010
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We had the best Sunday roast I’ve ever had in a pub. Roast beef that was so tender you could have cut it with a spoon, huge Yorkshire pudding and really well cooked vegetables, including cauliflower cheese. Fast, friendly service and they were quite happy for us to share a pud (delicious brownie). My only criticism would be that the door into the bar could do with oiling!

1  Thank Alex B
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Visited last night for a family meal. We walked into the bar area and straight away were met by the friendly staff who showed us into the restaurant area to our table. We were sat above the cider mill which is a fab feature! Our drink orders and food orders were taken straight away and the waitress serving our table was very lovely and professional. There was very little wait between courses and each course was beautiful! I chose the belly pork for my main and was gutted I couldn't finish it off as I was too full but would definitely recommend as would the rest of our party who all said how lovely and filling their meals were.

Definitely looking forward to return and can't wait to try the Sunday Lunch!!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Visited as a couple. Walked through the door to be welcomed by a roaring wood burner in the bar area and friendly staff. The restaurant area is beautiful and quaint. The waitress who served us was very friendly and ensured our food went through before some of the other larger parties orders were taken (at no point did we feel rushed) I opted for the Hunters Chicken which was really good. My husband opted for the steak,ale and mushroom pie and it was loaded with meat (the other reviews of the pies are right) chocolate brownie and sticky toffee for pudding. We now have to have a lie down as have over-indulged. My hubby is a fab cook so I normally leave restaurants feeling disappointed when the food is not up to scratch. This is not the case here. Please visit you will not be disappointed. We will be back soon ☺