“Escape at Margarita”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I went to this restaurant with my wife. Excellent. It is a litlle hide because it is small and the front is hard to see. Good service. Excellent food, with venezuelan plates with variations. We ate 3 plates everyone with wine. The price fair. the octopuss was fantastic and the fish. Don´t miss it. And Pampatar is a beautifull town.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

Many people alwas speak about this place and say it is great. I must be honest and say i wasn't even close to being impressed, in fact left dissapointed and would not return. Most dishes are a fusion of ingrediants which in many cases just dont work, i can see the effort put into creating these dishes yet effort has never been enough to make things work. Overall all portions were ridiculously small as if it was a tasting menu and not an actual dinner. With regards to drinks it was even worst than the food. Every drink i ordered they either didnt have or when i ordered a second drink they had no more. So makes me wonder if they only keep in stock ONE drink per type. Overall it was really just a place pretending to be hip and creative yet in reality is just one of those places that because of some hype just benefit from s snowball effect of publicity. Would not return or recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Ramzi H
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

The restaurant is also an art gallery. Every corner is a piece of art. I should stop every step to admire all around me. But also i found peaceful even when the place was really busy.
The food is delightful. Its a combination of flavour and art, keeping the tradion of the local food.
I will come back every time i will come back to Margarita. For me its a restaurant that every person who visit the island should go.
I recommend to try a national beer!!

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

I recommend to make a reservation before going to this restaurant. The place is very cool and the food really good. What I didn't like is the waiters' service. You must order the tempura shrimps!

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

I made a reservation to eat with friends here weeks in advance, but on arrival I was informed that I had to wait standing for a table to open up. After a 30 minute wait we were seated at a table that didn't fit my group, where we had to wait another 45 minutes to receive our appetizers and yet another 30 for the entrees. By the time we were done eating, we were so frustrated by our waiter's indifference and the owner's blatant rudeness, that we refused to order dessert. Though the decoration is beautiful and the food exquisite, the experience of eating here is disastrous to say the least.

2  Thank Alicia K