“My favorite traditional Argentine food in Cafayate”
Review of El Rancho

El Rancho
Ranked #13 of 58 Restaurants in Cafayate
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2017

I've lived in Salta for 8 years and this is the place we take people when we want them to try really good traditional food.

Their meat is good. It will be served a punto as meat is traditionally cooked in Argentina. I love the empanadas. Really fantastic. And pretty much everything on their menu is what you can expect to enjoy from a traditional Argentine restaurant.

I've read quite a few negative reviews here and sometimes I think it's a matter of people expecting things that just don't make sense. If you want your meat rare, you're probably better off going to a different country. Typical parilla is not rare.

I love going there bc the food is always good, and there are always other kids for my kids to play. The waitstaff are lovely, and while I've seen some people complaining about slow service, I've had good experiences. Maybe not lightening fast, but I don't mind sitting and chatting over wine and empanadas (which always come quickly) while I wait for hte rest of my meal.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Good local cuisine, tasty empanadas (cheese+++), very good bife de chorizo. The only disappointment is the slow and lazy service...and no functional wifi

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Food is authentic in a family budget style restaurant. Remember to take pesos to pay as they don't have credit card facilities.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Nice dinner on a cool evening in late June seated at a table pulled up close to the toasty central firepit. Yummy locro and empanadas. Pleasant, attentive, accommodating service (they let us in early, though they were still closed, to warm up around the fire).

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I really like this place. They have good service, a short but diverse food options, nice tables outside and a not bad look inside.
Wonderful? Not really. But it will work and dishes are well prepared.