US$43
Goha Hotel(Gonder)
  • Restaurant
Alliance Inn(Gonder)
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 November 2016

The Hotel offers simple service. Everything is basic. It's located ideally on the way from the airport/main highway/ to the City. Very convenient for someone who goes with a low budget for a business meeting or as a stopover for another trip. The highlights are clean rooms, very friendly staffs, and good wifi. The food is good but the menu doesn't offer much options.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Probably one of the worst hotels I have every stayed in. The customer service was nonexistent. We were leaving at 7am the next morning. Breakfast was from 7am. ‘Could we have an early breakfast?’ – ‘NO’. ‘Some fruit?’ – ‘NO’. ‘Some cake?’ ‘NO’. ‘Coffee?’ – ‘NO’. We went and sat in the dining room at 6.30am to await our driver – we were completely ignored. At 7am we were seated in our car and someone appeared at the hotel entrance with a tray of coffee – we were on our way! I could go on about the soiled bed linen, lukewarm showers, dodgy electrical fittings………………..DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I joined a group tour to go to Ethiopia and the travel agent chose Kino Hotel. Not bad but I don't enjoy the location, it is far from central area. At least, there is kiosk nearby, you can buy bottle of water, snacks.

Nice hotel (except location) overall. There are Movie area, Bar area beside of restaurant.
We had meal twice at this hotel, I enjoyed it pretty much. First time, traditional Ethiopian food, second time Grilled fish. It took way too long for them to serve Ethiopian food but it is authentic :) by the way, sandwich they serve is gigantic ! If you don't eat a lot, you can share a dish with someone. I also had a couple of drinks at the bar. Drink selection is not big but I had Amarula.
You can have wifi for free at lobby area, which is common in Ethiopia. There is a flat TV in room, towel, toilet paper, hot water shower and patio. Also the room is spacy and clean. If my memory is correct, breakfast is included.
As they don't have computers for hotel guests to use, you have to bring your own PC/Pad.

Staff here is friendly :)

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2016

Well I booked this hotel on Jovago and I have to say the map of where the hotel is, is about 4 miles out (its about 500m south of Gonder University). The other negative thing is there is a lot of noise at night, mainly dogs barking, the wifi I also found to be patchy and did not work on the 3rd floor.
The good things about the hotel were the rooms (clean and comfortable) and the staff, also a decent bar downstairs.
If I was going back to Gonder though I would make sure my hotel was nearer the centre, I like walking but it was rather hilly.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2016

I visited the Kino Hotel in September last year. Their service and staff were impeccable in every way. We were treated like VIPs not withstanding that I was not staying in the hotel, simply there to use their absolutely BRILLIANT wifi. They actually had great furniture in the lobby, perfect for putting your feet up after a long day of teaching photography. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.
A little sneaky secret: the tomato pasta is a must... best on the menu followed by the vegetable rice!!!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends