All reviews new bagan floating candles good size small choice swimming pool great bathroom nice boutique hotel the main road fresh fruit room was large stayed longer wonderful stay happy hour electric bikes buffet breakfast stayed here for nights wi fi
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Worst hotel I encountered in 37 countries:
- Room infested with mosquitoes and bugs of all sorts (only hotel in Bagan that doesn't do mosquitoes fumigation)
- Blood stains on bedhseets.
- Brown and yellow stains everywhere on towels.
- Filthy room: walls splattered with dead bugs and other unrecognizable stains
- Stains everywhere on cushions, curtains, sofa
- Dirty, old, cracked walls everywhere
- Leaking sink, making a puddle of water on the floor
- old uncomfortable matress with srpingboards sticking out
- management refused to provide refund for the 3 nights I didn't use (I moved out after 1 night) stealing $210
- not 4* hotel, more like a 2* property
MANAGEMENT:
After the 1st night, I showed them the state of the room telling them I was moving out, asking for a refund for the 3 additional nights they forced me to pay in advance at check in (hotels never do that). The manager admitted they gave me a non-refurbished room (really???) and said that if I had paid in cash, he could have refunded me immediately. But as I paid them with credit card, I had to wait for their office to open on monday. I asked them to give me the 3 nights difference in cash, they said they didn't have any money. At one point the manager told me "No, you can't leave, you have to stay". WHAT? I wasted the whole morning arguing and explaining to him and other 2 of his staff why it was not acceptable to charge a customer in full without seeing the room and then refusing to provide a refund if the room turned out to be a dump like this one! The manager attitude was appalling, looking at me smiling while clearly not having a clue of what the hospitality world entails nor how an hotel should be managed. He then disappeared to speak with the owner of the hotel, then later came back saying that I will receive a refund the following week and provided the name and number of their office in Yangon. A few days went by and nobody from their office would reply to my messages. So I went back twice to the hotel with my guide as witness and translator. The hotel manager disappeared, pretending to be in meeting. His staff advised he would call my guide, but he never did. Just to add insult to injury their reservation manager in Yangon (who doesn't speak any English and was talking with my guide who was than translating to me) advised that they will not provide any refund. But if I go to Yangon they will offer a lunch as way of compensation. My guide and driver were shocked by the unethical behaviour of the Areindmar Hotel (especially knowing that I was there to bring tourism business to Bagan!)
Now, as a professional in the hotel industry for over 17 years, I can't even list the number of appalling things about this hotel and its crooked management. Any Burmese local I spoke with apologized to me as they felt that the Areindmar Hotel is not only damaging the burmes hotel industry, but also the reputation of local burmese, the majority of which still follow the buddhist precepts of "don't lie" and "do not steal". Watch out Areindmar, bad karma is coming your way like there's no tomorrow!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting Bagan. Couldn’t fault the hotel, from check in to check out it was fantastic. Rooms are spacious and well equipped, and loved the big walk in shower. Very peaceful gardens and lovely pool area. Small bar next to pool, and happy hour 4.30-6 every day with a small choice of cocktails/sours.
Good breakfast, place opposite the entrance of hotel to hire electric bikes, and they offer taxi’s also to visit places, or go back to airport. Staff very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2018

This hotel is beautiful and well placed in bagan. The room was fine, the swimming pool very nice and the staff were friendly. However it was badly let down by the restaurant. The breakfast was limited in choice and the supposedly hot food was positively cold. We had one evening meat there, our first choice of menu was not available nor was our first choice of wine. We tried an alternative which tasted of antiseptic and was

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff, spacious and nicely decorated rooms and a nice swimming pool. Electric scooters are for rent, a great way to visit Bagan. Plenty of restaurants and gift shops in the area.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We enjoyed our 3 night stay here recently. The hotel had a nice feel to it. Friendly staff, nice gardens with rooms around the courtyard. Our room was nice and large. The pool was nice to relax in after a morning sightseeing and getting ready for the evening sightseeing.

A few things could be improved though: the mattress was awful. You could feel every spring in it. I'm not sure if it was old or cheap but it meant we didn't sleep very well. Not a proper door between the bedroom and bathroom which meant it wasn't very private and also hot air and mosquito could get into the main bedroom area. The lunches were lovely (we had Vietnamese spring rolls, roasted veg salad with fate and aubergine and goats cheese stack) but the breakfast was pretty rubbish. Flies all over the fresh fruit and buffet food. You could solve this by lighting a candle nearby. Omelettes were a joke - no matter what filling you ordered it seemed to arrive with just egg and if you were 'lucky' a few bits of ham (which wasn't lucky for me as I'm a vegetarian).
The relaxing time by the pool was also spoilt by constant building work going on nearby, loud speaker from I imagine a local monastery ad also the German tour bus which would park outside from about 1pm - 3pm every day with its engine running constantly.

However, we couldn't help but like the hotel - it had a nice feel about it and was well located for evening meals in restaurants nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple