“A Warm Welcome in Cool Tagaytay!”

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
manila
“A Warm Welcome in Cool Tagaytay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

There's nothing like having a direct line to the GM. Mr. Karl Velhagen, was quick to reply to my email when I didn't get a reply to my inquiries from the reservations office . He was a gracious host and granted a couple of our special requests that made our stay more enjoyable; he was most accommodating, to say the least.
The one-bedroom suite we stayed in was most comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The staff from reception to the bell hops always had a friendly greeting that made us feel most welcome. Check-in was quick with a welcome drink. .There's more than ample parking. Having a 7-11 practically a few steps away was very convenient. Location is ideal because it isn't in the busy area where traffic builds up but it's also in the heart of Tagaytay, a stone's throw away from everything.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank rachel p
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
dear "rachelpantaleon"

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

first of all i must personally say how much i appreciate your review of our hotel. also, am so glad to know that your stay with us went very well from the time you checked-in till the time you checked-out. this surely will be a big motivational boosts to the team. what a great way to enter the holiday season! we look forward to having you again as our guests. please do not hesitate to get in touch directly.

happy holidays!

gm@onetagaytayplace.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I love the room, the bed, the furnishings, the location, the fresh air, and breakfast! The bathroom was clean but the shower head was very disappointing - it was broken, good thing their maintenance people came up quickly when we reported it. Customer service is excellent! Downside: for rooms that have doors connected to the next room, you can hear the noise of other people. 5 people were drunk in the other room! We could clearly hear their noises! :(

Room Tip: pick the room that doesn't have connecting rooms if you want to have a decent sleep!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Christine D
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
dear "christine D",

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

thank you so much for your post. appreciate the positive comments but am sad to know that you did not have quality sleep. we try our best to balance our guests on the floors, i.e. senior citizens, young adults, families with kids, couples, and the like. unfortunately we were not able to achieve that balance in your case. rest assured on your next visit i personally assure you this will not be the case. am sure other viewers of your post would appreciate that. i am just an email away.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

While browsing the net since it was announced that there will be an upcoming long weekend ahead again and exactly it fell on my birthday weekend I've stumbled unto this hotel. After communicating with their reservation officer and getting emails of my queries for my overnight stay which was a quick response. I got a good quotation and what's good there was an on-going promo if you check-in during Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.

So then I decided to book for the hotel for an overnight stay. Their room was okay, clean and simple. Their breakfast was okay typical simple buffet breakfast. The location of the hotel is very near Picnic Groove, we just parked my car at the hotel and rode a tricycle going to Picnic Groove. (trying to feel the life) hehe.. Although, their wifi isn't quite okay because you have to go out of the room to be able to access their wifi eventhough it's free.

But if I were to stay again for an overnight stay, I would be staying here again and will also be recommending the place as well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank siobslim
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
hi, "siobslim"

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites! first of all, thank you very much for your wonderful posts. rest assured that improving our wifi signal is a work in-progress. our apologies for the inconvenience. am happy to know from you that our reservation office ably assisted you in with your reservation and queries. remember, i am just an email away if you are in need of any assistance.

Cuchillo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Firstly my sincerest apologies to the management and staff(especially front of house staff - Concierge & Reception Desk) for this late review. Myself and my wife(Mr Philip & Mrs Rowena Ritson) stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights in January 2011.
Unfortunately, since arriving back from our varied trip to Philippines after more nights in Manila and with my wife's family, I have been very ill with heart problems etc and in and out of treatment. That is why I only doing review now!!! So Sorry!!
Two staff in particular were very helpful; a smart young man as entry Concierge etc and a lovely young lady who did a marvelous job in finding out and providing information for us regarding Enchanted Kingdom.
The hotel was excellent, warm and smooth welcome and room allocation on arrival. Lovely suite, especially bedroom and bed, very romantic and comfortable. The shower/bathroom and kitchenette/living room were very good also. Breakfast buffet was good but only slight criticism was the area was very cold and draughty opposite main hotel entrance.

Overall we loved this hotel and the staff and have been surprised to see several negative reviews????

We will definitely try and get back there again, next time we in Philippines from our home in Liverpool, England, UK.

If anyone from the hotel sees this review, please try and send me a staff list of people still working in front of house service who were there when we stayed and hopefully it will jog my memory of the two staff I would like to send special thanks to(I think their names started with the same letter?) If allowed and this email address is included, please use it to contact me phil_ritson@hotmail.com

Once again THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AT ONE TAGAYTAY HOTEL SUITES< PHILIPPINES. FANTASTIC HOTEL & STAFF!!!! BEST WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS & EVERY HAPPINESS & SUCCESS IN YOUR NEW YEAR & THROUGHOUT 2012.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cuchillo
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
dear "cuchillo,

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

as the general manager i make it my business to regularly visit tirpadvisor.com. i take all negative posts with dignity, as do the rest of my team. on the other hand, posts such as yours definitely brightens up our day and puts smiles on our faces. thank you so very much for your post. i will be in touch with you shortly through your email address and provide you the information you need. allow me to also say that we will do our very best to maintain the standards of excellence you have so graciously pointed out. rest assured, that the negative posts you see are challenges we face as a team, and through these posts we aim to get better.

New Yrok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I chose to book in this hotel because of the good reviews, but it turned out to be the opposite,

I booked our stay last Oct. 28, 2011 through agoda, we arrived at the hotel around 1:30noon and went to the front desk to register,

I was given a form to fill up with and was asked to wait since the check-in time is at 2:00pm, but it was already 2:00pm and still we were not called, until 2:30 pm I personally check the front desk agent what happened with my registration and to my surprise my form was not been filed and that they still need to check everything about the booking and the room availability, to our disappointment we waited until the room got clean and checked, and we ended up check-in at 3:00pm!!!!

while the next day check-out, it was only 11am then the lady is already knocking at the door and asking us to check-out! so horrible and so unfair !! we are even yet to prepare and pack things up!!!

that night too, my son was so sick and chilling that I even requested from front desk for meds, front desk agent told me that they have an available meds so I requested and so happy to hear about that, to our dismay again!! we have been waiting for 1 hour and the meds are still not coming, so I decided to go out and look for a pharmacy instead. The point is, they should tell us that there are no meds available and did not let us wait for 1 hour.

buffet breakfast was fine but food choices are very common, as if it was not served in a hotel,

I just wished we did not book in this hotel... Probably, will not go back to this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank honeyjessica2000
dear "honeyjessica2000",

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

first of all thank you very much for your posts. indeed it serves as a reminder on how we as a hotel should conduct our ourselves in dealing with guests services and guest concerns. i have shared your review with all other department heads and will be used constructively to review our services. because of your posts we expect to see major improvements. again, thank you for mirroring to us our shortcomings. i am just an email away.

gm@onetagaytayplace.com

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels