“Modern hotel”

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Cebu City, Philippines
“Modern hotel”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is a modern hotel a little far from the Tagaytay center unless you have a car.
Lot of parking available inside the hotel premises, so you can be sure that no damage will be done.

Restaurant in the hotel is not so good and the spa gave us bad service.
I was left on the massage table many many times alone as the masseuse were also answering the spa phone and texting with her own phone. Well the general manager of the place, German guy, offered us some discounts for the next time.

Breakfast buffet was ok, but for international taste maybe not a lot of choices.
Internet WIFI in the rooms were pretty much useless due to bad cignal.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My wife and I and a couple of friends had to attend a wedding at Tagaytay and since it was a dinner reception, we decided to just find a place to stay than drive home late at night. My wife was considering One Tagaytay Place and since my brother recommended it also, we decided to try the place out, also it is also a stone throw away from the wedding reception.

I really liked the location since it is easy to find and very near the heart of the action (the restaurants and taal volcano) of Tagaytay. When we arrived, I dropped off everybody at the main door/lobby while I go park the car. Sadly, the way from the parking to the hotel is not shaded (there was little rain and the wind was quite strong at that time because there was a typhoon) so my umbrella was destroyed by the strong wind and I was wet when I arrived at the hotel.

We got little help in carrying our bags and we had to wait for our turn to check-in. (it looked like we ran into their busy hour because there were a lot of people also waiting for their turns to be checked-in) When our turn came, check-in was fast since we already called in a month before to reserve. We carried our own bags to our respective rooms. (guess there wasn't enough bellboys to serve the guest traffic)

The room was clean and the size is just right. I requested a queen size bed in advance and I got a queen size bed. There is also a long table, an decent cabinet to hang my clothes, a couch, a bar, and a small refrigerator. The toilet is quite small just enough for a shower, a WC and a sink. As expected, the usual towels, soap, shampoo, tissue paper and toothbrushes were there.

There is also a swimming pool, a game room, and body and foot massage services, all which we had no chance of visiting/trying because we have to get ready for the wedding. Had to ran through the rain again wearing my suit to get the car.

When we came back, I had a nice shower (with water heater) and watched TV (lots of channels) before I went to bed. Whats annoying is that I can somewhat hear the other room talking and whatever noise they were making so I guess the walls are not super soundproof. Nevertheless, I had a good night sleep because the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was moved to their grand ballroom (the place was packed) We had to wait for a few minutes for the other guests to finish eating and the waiters to clean up the table. The food was satisfactory and there is a wide variety of food to choose from.

Check out was a breeze and just beside the hotel is a store called "Rowena's" where we bought their famous yummy buko pie to take home. Had to run through the rain again to get our ride.

Overall, it was a good stay for me. If you are on a tight budget and like convenience, this place is a good choice to stay. The staff were all very polite and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again should I need to stay overnight in Tagaytay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Shantsky
Asia
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The Good
1. Affordable - one bedroom suite costs approx. 4k with breakfast for 2 included while deluxe costs 3k with breakfast for 2 included. Note however that the rooms aren't big. I've read reviews prior to booking so I've already tempered my expectations.
2. Good location - near Tagaytay rotonda
3. Service is great - the staff members starting from guards to concierge are pleasant. Check-in is a breeze. I've once called the front desk by mistake to request for flat sheets and the staff happily contacted housekeeping for me.
4. Buffet breakfast - the buffet selection isn't a lot but then the food is decent and acceptable. The waiters are diligent. I saw them going through each food tray to make sure the utensils or plates where they put the utensils are clean, otherwise they replace them.

Improvement points
1. No hair dryer provided - I think this is already a standard amenity and I'm surprised it didn't come with one.
2. I cannot connect to the internet - the internet connection instructions provided upon check-in is not user friendly. I've called front desk for assistance and they've sent someone up to assist me (which is good). However, I was still not able to connect.
3. The sheets and pillow cases do not have a freshly laundered smell.
4. The tissue box provided in the room has a moldy smell.
5. The phone does not have a directory. I didn't know what number to call and just by default I've dialed 0 and got the front desk.

Room Tip: If you are willing to shell out an additional 1k, I'd say go for the one bedroom suite. Their o...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kerriegan
Cavite
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Not all RCI vacations are created equal and this we have proven during our recent trip to the summer capital of the south – Tagaytay. In our second “work-vacation” escapade for this year, thanks to our expiring RCI timeshare membership, we found ourselves checking in to another hotel. Coming from our recent accommodation in urban Makati, we cannot hide the obvious disappointment when we finally got ushered to our One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites room – gone are the separate bedroom, dining table, and spacious kitchen which we had during our stay in the A. Venue Suites.

One Tagaytay Hotel has the smallest room compared to what we had from all of our past RCI accommodations. Other than its balcony overlooking the western section of Tagaytay – the Taal Volcano is on the other side and is not visible from this 9th floor room – we eventually discovered that One Tagaytay Place does not have anything more to offer and that it is missing a lot to be worthy of a good review.

On top of my booboo list is the size and design of its one-bedroom suite. It has a very tight pantry area with the toilet and bath door right in front of it – my greatest pet peeve when it comes to room designs. Some sort of trust is also needed when opening the door because believe it or not, the room’s door does not have a peephole – for someone who believes in the mantra “only the paranoid survive” this is not the room to be in. But wait there’s more because other than this unbelievable oversight, the door has been obviously rushed to accommodate the electronic door lock upgrade. Holes from the old door knob are still visible, not to mention disturbing.

Other items may seem trivial but if someone without a timeshare membership will check in to this hotel, he (or she) will surely regret paying about P5,000/night for the same room where we stayed for a week if the issues we had are left unresolved such as Wi-Fi signal that is only available along the lobby and the hallways; and the free newspaper that needs to be begged upon daily for room delivery. And before I forget, for running enthusiasts, One Tagaytay has one broken treadmill in their gym (though running outdoors is highly recommended as long as weather is conducive).

Furthermore, One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites' personnel are also not consistent with customer service. While we can point to some who offered us prompt response (such as the female room service crew assigned to our room), the same cannot be said with the others. For one, most of One Tagaytay’s receptionists need to improve (If you don’t know it yet, I can sense a fake smile) if they want their customers to return for another vacation.

Well, I just find it unfortunate that for a hotel with which I had high expectations and actually had a good first impression (based on its location, cleanliness of the facility, and most of the materials used – I fell in love with the stone and ceramic tiles on most of its walls inside the building) will have me wish that we should have stayed at home even before our day one has ended. Yes, that bad.

(This is also posted on my blog -- http://marcuscanblog.com/?p=3659)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Cris N
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
dear "Cris N",

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

thank you very much for your review. we have taken note of all your concerns. we have sorted it out between those that we can work on quickly, and those that we cannot do due to design and structure. nevertheless, be assured that when improvements along this line can be done we will surely use your review as our guideline. we do not take any guest comments and concerns as trivial, we look at it as constructive criticism. you can be sure that your comments will serve as a platform for improvement. should you have any more suggestions, i would be more than happy to hear from you.

mabuhay!

karl velhagen
gm@onetagaytayplace.com

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

manila
Reviewed 22 November 2011

There's nothing like having a direct line to the GM. Mr. Karl Velhagen, was quick to reply to my email when I didn't get a reply to my inquiries from the reservations office . He was a gracious host and granted a couple of our special requests that made our stay more enjoyable; he was most accommodating, to say the least.
The one-bedroom suite we stayed in was most comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The staff from reception to the bell hops always had a friendly greeting that made us feel most welcome. Check-in was quick with a welcome drink. .There's more than ample parking. Having a 7-11 practically a few steps away was very convenient. Location is ideal because it isn't in the busy area where traffic builds up but it's also in the heart of Tagaytay, a stone's throw away from everything.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank rachel p
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
dear "rachelpantaleon"

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

first of all i must personally say how much i appreciate your review of our hotel. also, am so glad to know that your stay with us went very well from the time you checked-in till the time you checked-out. this surely will be a big motivational boosts to the team. what a great way to enter the holiday season! we look forward to having you again as our guests. please do not hesitate to get in touch directly.

happy holidays!