“Tranquility at its finest”
Review of The Theodore Hotel

The Theodore Hotel
Ranked #8 of 104 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2016

My wife and I stayed here at around November, two years ago. T Hotel was a very cozy hotel, it was located at the main road which made it easy to find. Even if it's located along the main road, when you get inside you'll get the feeling that you're already secluded from the busy area outside the premises. The lobby is designed exquisitely with a touch of modern Zen. The room we got is absolutely nice. The bed is big and comfortable and the bathroom is well maintained. I believe they have a relaxing theme for every room. I suggest you get the one that has the veranda where the garden and Taal is overlooking. Food is great as well, very much comparable to that of a 4 star hotel in Manila. The basement parking for your vehicle seems secured because of the presence of a cctv and the stationed guard in the area. We enjoyed drinking coffee in the garden especially during the cold foggy hours. It is not a big place as compared to Taal Vista but if you're looking for a place to rest and segregate yourself away from the noise in the city this is the place to stay. I recommend this place to authors, artists and even mixed martial artists who are finding inner peace. Also great for couples who are looking for a more intimate time together. My wife and I would want to come back here with our son, hope that he won't bother the honeymooners. Lol.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with the garden view
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JovZion

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Recently we have an overnight stay at this hotel located at the Tagaytay rotunda. The place is modern and easy to find. The staff is able and good. We had a really wonderful stay at this hotel, and did have a hearty breakfast meal to boot the next morning. This hotel is definitely worth your money.
R

Room Tip: this hotel sits right across Ayala mall near rotunda
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R L
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

I love Theodore Hotel and I sill definitely go back!
I'd say they're one of the best pet friendly hotels in Tagaytay. I was able to bring my puppy and he enjoyed every bit of our stay.
The bathroom is very spacious and clean.
We had our own balcony jn the room and it's facing the Taal Volcano. Simply the best. I haven't left Theodore yet but I cannot wait to go back again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula A
Reviewed 25 April 2016

It was a last minute booking. Good thing though, we were nicely entertained and accomodated by the hotel staff. Special thanks to Ms. Farrah who granted my request to transfer to a more spacious room. We had a great time.The new room is clean and the AC is in good condition considering the super hot weather outside. The complimentary breakfast is just fine but the fresh mango juice really made my day.I Hope they will consider offering a buffet breakfast next time ;)Btw, the Serin Ayala Mall is just across the hotel so you can just do some walking to do your shopping.

Room Tip: The room we occupied was bigger than the room on the second floor. Though it has no nice view, it is...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Room - We booked 2 rooms : The Farm and Cherry Blossom. Both rooms are spacious with 2 queen size beds. I love how they styled each room. Clean and cozy. Comfort room is clean but has a sewage smell on both rooms. The smell is not consistent. Sometimes it stinks, most of the time not. Towels needs to be replaced. It looks old but still smells clean. No bathrobe. Basic toiletries are provided. Vault -- but we havent tried using it.

Food - Breakfast is included in our voucher. We enjoyed everything that we ordered. Since we are preparing for a wedding, everything was ordered as room service. I love how they serve complete condiments. No need to callback and ask for anything. Food was good! We ordered the following:
Waffle Mango and Macadamia nuts, bacon on the side
French Toast, Apple and Cinnamon, bacon on the side
Beef Tapa
My coffee lover friends were happy with their coffee. Note that they serve Coffee and Juice. No need to choose.

Spa - Not happy and will not avail this service again.

Room Service - Fast and very helpful.

My only regret on this hotel is that they did not inform me on the extra charge per person when we checked in.

It's a convenient hotel since it is located right infront of a mall. You can walk going to the mall if you have last minute needs or if you want to dine out.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends