Emerald Boutique Hotel
Balay de la Rama(Legazpi)(Great Value!)
US$30
  • Breakfast included
Third & Sean's Place(Legazpi)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$55
US$70
US$60
Priceline
Balai Tinay Guesthouse(Legazpi)(Great Value!)
US$20
US$34
US$33
Agoda.com
US$37
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are cleanfree breakfaststandard roomone nightroom for improvementfilipino breakfastlegazpi citycorned beefsmall talk cafeshuttle servicekey cardcable tvno elevatorthe main roadmount mayonplace to staychurch
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The room is clean and nice. Staff were friendly. I got no problem with the service. I think what needs to be improved is the food choices in their restaurant. They should have wide variety of choices.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We are budget friendly travellers that usually travel as a family of 6.
I found Emerald Boutique through the regular reviews, and needed a cheap place to crash in the Legaspi City after travelling from Manila via road (12 hour drive).

Lets start with the good.
1. Its new. The rooms are clean, the lobby and hotel area are clean.
2. It has a safe parking area, parked the car and its enclosed.
3. The food is decent. The dinner menu consists of Bicol dishes and are affordable and good. The Bicol Express and the Kilawin na Tanique were the highlights.
4. Decent internet, especially in the dinning area, the room internet was a bit on the slow side.
5. Price: We paid 5000 for 2 rooms, and thats a great bargain. As it also comes with free breakfast.
6. Ameneties were ok. Good hot water heater system, came with standard tooth brush and soaps, towels were fresh and complementary water. TV was good too, had cable TV which the kids liked.
7. Staff are helpful

Now for the negative.
1. The rooms are tiny. If you're claustrophobic, it could be a problem. We got a deluxe and standard room. The deluxe room they added an extra bed for my kids. We live in a condo, so it wasn't an issue for us. Although the small windows were a hassle.
2. The breakfast was very basic. Scrambled egg with your choice of tinapang galunggong, 1 pc or TJ hotdog, or corned beef. It was decent, not wow. But good enough as it was included in the room rate.
3. No elevator. 3 stories of rooms, could be a problem if you're at the top floor. They had a bell boy that would help.
4. Some minor issues with the billing process and over charged us dinner, but looked to be an honest mistake.
5. Some minor issues with the aircon, had to call up the technician a few times, turned out to be an issue with the key card. They were willing to move us to a different room if problem persisted.
6. Many items on the menu were not available. This was irritating from breakfast to dinner, items we wanted were not available.

Summary.
If was travelling back to Legaspi with the family I would most likely stay here again. The pros far out weighed the negatives. It is not a 5 star hotel, but if you're looking for a good base to explore Mayon and Legaspi on a budget in a good clean place to sleep, I don't think you can do better than this hotel. It does have room for improvement, but again, in my honest opinion, you get more than what you pay for.

The hotel has a bar with affordable prices.
It also has a karaoke room, P2500 consumable.

Stay the night, go to Mayon in the early morning, then come back for breakfast, then continue to explore. Mayon is best seen from 5am to 7am while the clouds are away.

Room Tip: Wifi is stronger in the lobby/dining area. 2nd floor rooms are better as no elevator
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend vacation. It's my first time in Legazpi and in Bicol. I booked at this hotel with the idea in mind that it says they're number 1 based on TripAdvisor reviews. Unfortunately, they hotel is disappointing. I could've stayed at a more pricier hotel if only I know.

A boutique hotel by definition is a stylish hotel situated in a fashionable urban location. First, there's nothing stylish of their hotel. Their location is not fashionable at all. They're at the back of the government centers.

What I hate of this hotel?
1. My room's window is not even a window with a view. It's good enough to pass through sunlight from the air-conditionig ducts.
2. Stinking smell from the sink everytime I drain it.
3. The room is claustrophobic since it doesn't have a window. Add to that, the side lights aren't working.
4. The hotel lobby and dining area are of low ceiling. It would make you think that the facility was a former house renovated to be a "hotel".
5. Service: First time a hotel asks me to pay right there and then upon check in. Most hotels would usually ask for a security deposit but they ask you to pay outright. They would piss you off with phone calls and send you text messages if you won't answer their calls asking if you're extending your stay or would pester you of your flight details. How professional is that? Right in the middle of the day! If I would've wanted to extend my stay, I would've arranged it in the first place. If I want their free airport transfers, I would've advised in the first place. What's worse? They would pester your room with an annoying chime to signify that it's time to check out. That was very annoying! I guess most guests would know that the standard check out time is at 12nn. I stayed in most hotels and it's understandable if you check out beyond 12nn but not beyond the standard check in time of 2pm or 3pm.

The only good thing? Their WiFi is fast!
Breakfast is so so. Just lessen the oil on the eggs please, it makes me feel my sunny side ups were on an oil bath before it was served.

I don't think they're a hotel. They're an inn or an apartelle!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Kurt John Eliez... C
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks new. The hotel and rooms are clean and cold. Very near to restaurants. The staff are polite. We stayed here for one night only and we had a good sleep after a long trip and activities. The price is very affordable too. Very near to the city hall and Mayon volcano

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Pros: It was cheap and had free breakfast meal--which is ok. Room is clean, small but decent enough for us. Location is good near to some famous restaurants, fastfoods and atms. Staffs are accommodating. Cons: No water heater where i can have tea or coffee inside our room. No ref to store food for longer stay. I work on line and needs my laptop to be on most of the day so having a 2nd key card is a must so i can keep our room's electricity on while were outside--they won't give you a 2nd key card.
Impression: considering going back. Ok for short term stay only.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends