“Wonderful place on the beach for seafood”

La Casa Del Pescador
Ranked #54 of 141 Restaurants in Cabarete
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is our second time around to this restaurant. This place is run like a family operation, no frills just great seafood. Everything is fresh and perfectly prepared. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Ok heres the scoop. After reading the reviews and looking at all the posted pictures we decided to try this place for light lunch. Light it was! We ordered the calamari and shrimp mofongo and 2 presidente beers. They offered us each a fruit punch - no alcohol, and bruschetta appetizer "on the house" as there appreciation for dining there. The fruit punch was just that fruit punch and the bruschetta was ok. Once our meals arrived we both looked at each other and thought, well it's a light lunch lol.... 7 heavily battered calamari rings, and mofongo shaped in a small bowl form with garlic butter in the center and 3 small shrimp hanging off the edge. Now granted 1 or 2 shrimp were pulverized with the plantains. Now the whole whopper of the disappointment was the check was nearly $1100 Dominican peso equivalent to $27 for lunch.... are you kidding me! I was shocked at the lack of quantity and quality of the food. I would not return for lunch but may attempt a dinner there but I'm sure the sour taste left from the expensive lunch will disuade us from returning.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I had read the reviews and thought that this place was a ‘must’ for us to try.
For starters there was no soap in the soap dispenser in the restroom. I had to ask for some soap. Made me wonder where the staff wash their hands too??
One dish that we both wanted to try was the Mofongo and we tried the shrimp Mofonog. We both love calamari so we thought that this would be perfect for lunch. We also had 1 presidente beer each.
The bruschetta that they brought out was ok. The bread was not really crusty enough and was soggy from the topping. The items that we ordered arrive and I looked at the plate and thought “what the hell”??? For the calamari it was actually cooked perfectly. The problem is that there were literally 7 small rings. “7” for 350 pesos.
The Mofongo had maybe 3 shrimp that had been ground up in the actual dish and 3 more whole ones hanging on the edge. It really lacked flavor or any sort. The 3 whole shrimp were cooked perfectly too.
So all in all it totaled 1095 pesos, which equals about 27$USD.
See photos “7-Calamari” and shrimp Mofongo.
Despite the items being cooked perfectly. The service was ok.
If you seek Value to your $$ is look elsewhere. We would not return.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I've waited 5 years to return to this restaurant. My first trip was foiled by a long night of revelry that resulted in me watching my closest friends enjoy beautiful food. I must say the wait was long and hard, fraught with wrong turns and perilous obstacles.

Sand in-between my toes. The sound of the constant breeze on Kite beach. Fine seafood prepared to perfection.

Calamari, fresh tuna, Mahi prepared three ways.

All good.

But, I came for the cephalopod carpaccio. A whole big plate of it. Fresh and tender. Yum

Reviewed 28 July 2017

A great menu, varied while focused on seafood. we shared the mixed seafood platter for 2 and were amazed, superbly prepared, and huge portions. Luckily we were hungry and couldn't resist the langostinos and shrimp. Drinks were great, service was superb. Highly recommended.