All reviews breakfast buffet is happy hour at the bar small pool nice hotel comfort room beach side no elevator top floor perfect location hotel beach kite surfers beautiful beach palm trees restaurants and shops fun to watch cabarete beach great vacation
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Overall really enjoyed our stay here. First, the things that kept this from being a "5 Excellent" review: Slightly disappointed with the (barely) postage-stamp balcony overlooking nothing but rooftop. Some staff were a little cool ... not rude, just not very friendly. The wifi "vouchers" were a little frustrating (they expire after a short time) but not a huge issue. Safe in the room did not work. Things we LOVED about Villa Taina... the breakfast was so, so good! And the setting, really truly a boutique hotel setting right on the beach with a definite international flair. Also, Villa Tiana obviously invests in safety with visible security, not just in the hotel area but especially in the "alley" between the street side building (reception desk and some rooms... ours was on 3rd floor of this building) and the beach side building (bar, restaurant, pool, beach). There is an upstairs lounge area above the restaurant that has excellent views and would be a super fun place for a private gathering/party. Would definitely recommend Villa Taina and will stay here again if we are ever in Cabarete; a garden view of beach view room would be the dream!!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Oneiell E, General Manager at Hotel Villa Taina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your visit and your comments about your recent stay. All our guests comments are always taken under a positive light as we understand that listening to our guests, makes us better everyday!
Rest assure that the things we can change, I'm already working on them.

We are delighted that your stay was a pleasant one for you and that you departed with the desire to stay with us in your next visit to Cabarete. We would love to arrange for a bigger room with a nice view for you.

Thank you again and we remain here at your service!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Fantastic hotel for family with kids. Close to the sea with beautiful beach. Our room nice with amazing balcony. The food and drinks were delicious and reasonably priced. New Year party was wonderful. Staff very friendly and helpful. We had an excellent stay at Villa Taina!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Inga R

Dear Inga,
Thank you very much for your visit to our hotel and your kind words about the team during your stay.
We are delighted that you and your family truly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you and your friends back to Cabarete very soon!

With our warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I visited Hotel Villa Taina in Cabarete January 2018. I loved the vibe and the welcoming staff here! While the weather wasn't very cooperative during my stay, that didn't stop the kite surfing enthusiasts. Whether you participate or just watch, the beach is just amazing.

The grounds were kept very well, the food really was amazing, and the laid back feeling was just a really relaxing atmosphere. They also offer yoga. The pool is rather small, but refreshing - I was on the beach most of the time, though.

I'd highly recommend a visit to this hotel and this area of the DR.

Date of stay: January 2018
2  Thank RuthD
Oneiell E, General Manager at Hotel Villa Taina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello Ruth,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us.
We truly appreciate the kind words for the team and hotel but most importantly, we are delighted that you had a nice time with us and that not even some rain stopped the fun and well being.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you and friends back any time in our little corner of Dominican Paradise. Feel free to contact us directly and we will make sure to take great care of you again!

With our warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Clean room, very relaxing location staff are very helpful and friendly. Great for family with kids. The Manager Oneiell did everything possible to make our vacation a dream vacation!! Our oceanfront room with a balcony was amazing!!!

Room tip: Oceanfront Best view
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Oneiell E, General Manager at Hotel Villa Taina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Frontal,
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and the team.
We loved having you and your family with us!
Seeing all of you enjoying everything that we have to offer.
Hopefully we will see you again in a very near future!

With our best,

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This was my 2nd trip to the DR but my first time in Cabarete. The hotel grounds are beautiful, a short walk from my room to the Sandy Beach. The food and drinks were plentiful, delicious and reasonably priced. The whole experience was very relaxing; I had too much beach and Sun.
The surrounding area is lively but without the hustle and bustle of Sosua. The nightlife is great and I loved the food at Amigos restaurant.
My only complaints are that I wish that the swimming pool was a lot bigger and I wish that could have locked the sliding glass door to my room from the inside without using my key.
I didn't come to Cabarete to windsurf but it looked like so much fun that I want to do it next time. I would come back.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank moybutter
Oneiell E, General Manager at Hotel Villa Taina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Moy,

Thank you for your visit and your kind words about the hotel and your stay. Nothing like being this close to the beach and everything Cabarete has to offer.
As you mentioned, our location makes it perfect to be close to everything without being in the middle of the bustling nightlife.

Let me know next time you decide to return, I will arrange for a couple of windsurfing lessons, it truly a lot of fun!!

Thank you again and warmest regards from all of us!