Hands down, an incredible trip. I stayed at Swell for 7 days and couldn't have designed a better experience. The instruction, food, fellow travelers, and options for other adventure were all fantastic.
- As a beginner surfer I wanted solid instruction in warm water with enough surt time opportunity to learn. The "on-water" instruction was thorough and I absolutely loved that they included an evening theory class that broke down the science behind why influcences/ creates waves. I was riding surf the first day and the second day was out on "real" waves. I felt supported, challenged and in good hands.
- The food... outstanding! In fact I ate at some of the higher end restaurants and preferred the food served at swell. It was healthy, delicious and well prepared. If it was a restaurant it would be the best in town.
- I loved the extra outings!- waterfall canyons, beaches, and lagoons. Stunning.
- The opportunity to meet interesting and lovely people- unexpectedly precious. I was surprised at how phenomenal the other guests were. Great way to make new friends and have a communal experience.
I also want to give a special shout out to Darby and Neno, whose surf instruction was phenomenal. And to Molly, whose sweet and gracious yoga instruction helped balance my body after long days in the water.
Overall I loved it. In fact, i wish i was still there. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swell is a brand new purpose built hotel for surfers in the center of Cabarete. All rooms have en-suites with AC optional. Swimming pool with LED and fibre optic lighting and a large communal area with pool table, fussball and ping ping table as well as a video library and other games.We cater for active people that want quality accommodation in a social setting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Swell Surf Camp Hotel Cabarete