Bahia Residence Cabarete(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$45
Velero Beach Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$81
Watermark(Cabarete)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$217
US$149
Orbitz.com
Barefoot Beach Pad(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$85
Hostelworld.com
Grand Laguna Beach(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$87
Hotel Alegria(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$26
El Encuentro Surf Lodge(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$50
Kite Beach Inn(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$47
US$299
US$208
US$180
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This was my first stay ever at a hostel. And it is truly the benchmark for any hostel I will stay-in in the future. Although I was the oldest person there, I never felt out of place. No one was within 15 years of my age. We all hit it off so well, we were grocery shopping together and cooking shared meals. Even the manager, Sabrina, was eating with us. We were from all over the globe: Slovenia (borders Italy on the north), Germany, Venezuela and the US.

Maintain supply of drinking water in the refrigerator because it gets hot in Cabarete. The pool was not deep, but adequate length to do exercise laps. Laundry service worked well. Security was there every night, all night long. 24 hour access. Far enough away from main road so you did not here the constant motor bike traffic that NEVER STOPS!!! the grounds were well maintained and the building is well designed. I could only get a strong Wi-Fi signal on the ground floor in the common areas.

Sleep quality was rated low because of lack of AC and ceiling fan did not provide strong breeze. Mattresses in shared area were thin. Your comfort level will very.

Hostels distance from main road (approximately a 1/2 mile) was good for me because the tourist areas can get busy and noisy! I felt totally safe no matter what time of day or night I walked to and from the hostel, mostly after 2am.

Room Tip: Large shared room bed is low to floor and mildly comfortable. Lack of AC hindered my sleep quality.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I really had a great stay at El Castillo. The hostel itself is VERY clean, from the pool and the rooms to the bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen is well-stocked with utensils/pots/pans. The common area is welcoming with the couches, chairs, t.v., table, snack bar, WiFi. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Sabrina is a wonderful host, just a very relaxed person. I very much recommend El Castillo.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Actually I am laying in my hammock of the balcony of my room, watching the nature. "El Castillo" is a place you will love. In the middle of the laguna, but not far away of the town and beach. Pretty new rooms, cool designed, very clean, a gentle management which attends directly. They already force new ideas to make the hostel much more comfortable. But not luxury, it is smart and easy - and low-priced! A lot of nice travllors. Not hard to make friends in these ambiance. I feel welcomed and save. You will enjoy it and you will save money! | Rebecca, Germany

Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I was just satisfied.
The price is amazing, the staff really nice and the place beautiful!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We've stayed in Laguna Park hostel for a week and had great time! Everything is new and very nice, and the atmosphere was totally relaxed. We met many new friends there and we're sure this is the best option for young people in Cabarete. It's been recently opened and I hope it'll stay in future as it is now.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends