US$299
Hotels.com
US$208
US$180
Velero Beach Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$81
Grand Laguna Beach(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotel Alegria(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$26
Kite Beach Inn(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$47
Barefoot Beach Pad(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$125
Bahia Residence Cabarete(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$45
Watermark(Cabarete)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$217
El Encuentro Surf Lodge(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2015

We were a little leary about staying at Casa Sans Souci as the reviews are old. When I called and booked the room, I was nervous as my credit card was not asked for. The day before we arrived, I called and was told that my room was still reserved. When we showed up at 10pm, the two night guards were waiting for us. They had everything ready for us.

Let me tell you, it was worth the $64 USD/ night in high season and more.

1. The Shower - excellent water pressure (Canadian standards) and never ran out of hot water.
2. The view - I was in Room 20. When you look at the waterfront picture, that is second floor and second from the left in the large portion. OMG the view. The sliding doors are huge. We asked for second floor so we could sleep with the doors open. 1st world problem, the waves were too loud and we had to close the door. It had a fan to cool the room. Exterior wall rooms do not have A/C so it would not be suggested to rent during hot months. We also did not spend time in the room during the day so I really didn't care.
3. Price - Did I mention $64 USD/ night for the two of us during March Break? I dare anyone to find a hotel almost in the ocean during peak season at those prices.
4. Room - While it needed some lipstick, you are on the ocean with humidity and salt air. Room probably needs a touch up twice a year... being a paint job. It was also $64 USD. Bed was not to bad as far as comfy. I was dog tired every night between walking, heat, sun swimming, beer, and more beer. Room was super clean. Inez came in everyday, mopped and changed the linen. Efficiency kitchen was perfect. Good enough to cool our cervezas and cook up some shrimp.
5. Location - You are on the ocean. Need more? You are not even 300 meters from Janet's. If it is hot out, a three minute walk. Water, while very wavy, is swimable. Not for babies. You are right in the middle of everything but just a little off so the beach bars bass don't keep you up.
6. Free Wifi - sucked in my room. On my massive balcony, it was great.

Regarding the other review about a missing key. I had no problems and in fact, felt safe there. The night security guard was an older gentlemen and quite nice. Frank, the day time reception, was helpful and if anything, bored. It is pretty quite there. Cleaning ladies were cheery and efficient. There was an instance that they moved clothes and I guess about 300 pesos fell out. They placed it on the counter.

I have stayed at two other places in Cabarete and there is no comparison. One should have been condemned and another, meh. I am going back in two weeks so my 12 year old can have his birthday there. I will update about the next unit.

Room Tip: Get oceanfront and get a kitchen. Restaurant food gets old, fast. Janet's is right next door and the food is cheap and fresh.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CanCab
Reviewed 9 March 2015

While my husband and I love Cabarete, and the hotel in itself has a good location, we did not have a good experience at this hotel. After coming back to the room after a nice dinner, we opened the door with our key, shut and locked the door, and went to bed. When we got up the key was gone and a ballpoint pen was in its place. After searching through the entire room in every cupboard and drawer possible and through our own belongings three times, we came to the conclusion that someone had come into our room while we were sleeping and taken it, and switched the keys with another object so we wouldn't notice. The fee for losing your key is $50. We confronted the man behind the desk about it, and he seemed shady. He said he would check with the security. When he came back he had the key, and said we hadn't checked the room well enough, that they had found the key in one of the drawers in the room. He wasn't gone long enough to even check the room, and we checked all the drawers several times so we knew he was lying. We think this is some sort of scheme the employees have to make an extra $50. We never write reviews, but we don't want this to happen to someone else. Beware!!!!

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure you put your room key in a secure place.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma F
Reviewed 12 January 2015

Just spent a week in a two bedroom apartment on the beach. The location is just about perfect, although the rooms could do with a little re- refurbishment, they are clean, large living room and kitchen with two balconies.
Very friendly staff, reasonably safe if you don't do anything too stupid.
Would stay again.... Not luxury but cheap and more than adequate

Room Tip: Great budget apartments in a very good location. Ask for a beach front as its much quieter..
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was part of staff of a volleyball tournament at Cabarete, when with my sister and GodSon. Godson was tired and stayed in room with the door and drapes closed but not locked. Someone got in and stole the camera. Management didn't care, did not call security, did not call their staff of that night not even the manager. They don't have insurance or surveillance cameras, no forms to make a claim we have to write down in a piece of paper and only 2 security guard for the whole complex (which I did not see while I was there and I spent 3 days). I had to go by myself to the police station so they could come and investigate and they were not cooperative with the police. Thanks God nothing happened to my nephew. Don't go there cause if anything happens to you they would not care.

Room Tip: None of the rooms looks secure
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank yoshira_08
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed in San Souci Apartments room 6 overlooking the sea, room was just what we wanted, clean, well stocked with everything required for 2 weeks of relaxing holidaying. Fabulous views of the bay & the perfect place to sit & watch the sun go down over the hills. Can't find any fault, bars & restaurants a short walk along the beach & Cabarete again (we came some 2 weeks last year) had all that we needed. The apartments had very friendly staff & the night security made us feel very safe, but in 4 weeks of holidaying in Dom Rep we saw or felt no trouble & felt safe at all times. Great holiday thank you. Tina & Adrain

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple