“OK. we had take out. would not order from there again.”

Alicia's Grill House
Ranked #59 of 115 Restaurants in Sosua
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Description: Best burgers and grill in town. Cold beer, tropical cocktails and friendly stuff. Live music on weekends!
Reviewed 26 February 2018

kind of boring, basically American food. burgers, pizza, skip it. there are many better places to eat

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Great new restaurant in Sosua, clean, friendly staff and varied menu. We were almost 15 people and the starters were delicious as was the main course. I had garlic chicken with portions so large I have another meal in my take away. Came with wonderfully cooked and colorful veggies (could have had potatoes); the fish in cocoanut sauce was praised as were the hamburgers and pasta dishes. Reasonably priced as well, with parking right outside. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We feel SO fortunate to have discovered this wonderful restaurant right across the street from our condo in Sosua, Dominican Republic, right by Playa Alicia Beach! The owners are fantastic and speak many languages, including English. They are welcoming and eager to please - they'll actually have their chef cook whatever you feel like having and will suggest different foods that are not even on the menu. Alcohol drinks are half price between 4 and 8 PM and these are UPscale drinks (Cosmopolitans, Daiquiris, Rum Punch, etc.), made fresh and presented exquisitely. The BEST part is that it works out to be 2 drinks for about $5.00 Canadian! Can't beat that! We feel at "home" here and give it the highest recommendation. The food is always delicious every time we go. Try it! You'll LOVE it as much as we do! It's a yet undiscovered GEM in Sosua!

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice place, very clean, friendly staff. My first time stay at this place and very impressive, it looks like under new management and a lot of improvement is going on, food is good and most important there's location next to the beech.
Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Alicia's Grill House has done a great job of advance notice, promotions, and publicity, and as a vecina, I wanted to check them out.

It's a very wide open, clean & fresh--if a little bare--space. There's a small L-shaped pool, which is very pretty and looks very clean.

I had planned to try and hit Alicia's for their cocktail special, but my partner-in-crime cancelled, and that's not the kind of thing one wants to do alone.....

So I went for an early dinner tonight, with my dog. I ordered a glass of red wine, and it came in a very lovely, very large glass, with VERY little wine in it. I commented on that. The lovely waitress came back with a YUUUUGE glass of wine, so we were good.

The menu is not extensive. A lot of burgers, like a bleu cheese, a double, an Italian, etc. Chicken wings, churrasco. I do not normally eat pig, but decided to try the ribs. And I also ordered, for 80 pesos, the sort of signature potato, roasted and spiraled on a stick.

Words of wisdom: order this potato thing. Order more than one. It is to die.

What I know from ribs you could write on a teaspoon, but these seemed good. I asked for them well done, because, you know, pork, but they were moist and flavorful. I ate them without the BBQ sauce, bc I tried it and found it way too sweet. My dog was also happy to have his way with the bones. I don't exactly pick them clean.....

Anyway, I like this place and I hope that they find their feet. The menu needs to expand and the space needs to be made a little warmer---candles, flowers, tablecloths.

I will be going back. Great location, and I am always glad when new places open in Sosua.