14 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$155
PricelineUS$155
Agoda.comUS$131
5,140 results
All reviews seafood a la cartes beach side snack bar animation team main pool shows at night chicken air transat renovated room recommend this resort public beach buffet restaurant the jolly roger nightly entertainment great resort dominican republic
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

We came here with two other couples. It is a small resort but felt very private. We did a VIP package where it was all adults on one side. The staffs are amazing. Shout-out to Juan, Sandy and the bell guy. They were all super friendly. The food is very good at the restaurants. The buffet could've been better. The beach is very nice. The room had a smell to the sheets and pillows but it wasn't too strong. I wish it felt more clean. Other than that, we had a lot of fun with our friends at the resort and would definitely recommend this resort if you are looking for a small resort.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Franklin Del Rosario, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Casa Marina Beach & Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2022

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. The mission of our team members is to make your stay an unforgettable moment and we are glad to know that we have achieved our goal. We hope to be able to assist you in a future stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2022 via mobile

The trip was very nice. I loved the hotel especially thanks to the animation crew. They were so nice and helpful. I wanna thank especially Jonathan and Olvis. They really made our trip better. Very friendly and always happy with us. All of our friends liked Jonathan and Olvis a lot.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Franklin Del Rosario, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Casa Marina Beach & Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2022

Reviewed 9 July 2022 via mobile

My two friends and I (mid-20s, F) stayed on the Select side for 7 nights.

Pros:

Select: The Select side is quiet and well-maintained. The food at Hermann’s is the best on the resort and the service is excellent. The Select reception is extremely helpful and kind.

Staff: The staff is very friendly and helpful! We had such a great time making friends with the staff. The entertainment team (animación) works very hard and creates such a fun experience for guests! We were always happy to see members of the entertainment team during the day and at night at Calipso.

Food and drinks: At the bars, there are a variety of drink options. We really enjoyed the Food Corner as well as the wraps and sandwiches during snack time.

Spa: The massage experience was excellent and very affordable. We had deep tissue and relaxing massages followed by champagne in the jacuzzi.

Cons:

Select: The Select side is meant for adults only but this is not monitored closely. It isn’t very clear where the Select side ends and begins. Sometimes we would see kids on the beach and at the pool, but staff. It takes away from the “exclusive” experience. Additionally, our Select room did not have a Bluetooth speaker or Smart TV as advertised. When we asked about this, no action was taken.

Food and drinks: The variety of food at El Batey is not great. Options are limited and often repeated throughout the week. Many of the mixed drinks at the bars are very sugary. There are no options for food between 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm. Dinner starts at 6:30 pm so you’re out of luck if you get hungry before that.

Reviewed 7 July 2022 via mobile

I have visited this resort a couple of times and it never disappoints me. The location is ideal and the grounds are always well kept and it’s clean and tidy. I always enjoy my time at here and I always fell very welcomed by the staff. The animation team especially work very hard and always try to make sure you are having a good time and really enjoying yourself whether it’s the games during the day or the shows on a night. One staff member in particular always stands out for me and that’s ‘mono’ he is really good at his job and always works hard. When I was at the resort this time he was also the dj which he is really good at. He always made sure the music was a good mix for everyone to enjoy. I’ll definitely be back!!

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Wander22177945952

Reviewed 7 July 2022 via mobile

I stayd at the resort this past week and the hotel is amazing , staff was great but the best part was the animation..they kept us entertained at the pool and the theater at the night with there show. There was one employee that stands out the most they called him “mono” he was amazing he spoke several languages and had me and my family laughing the whole time I was there he was also the DJ.over all recommend that hotel to everybody I know..

Trip type: Travelled with family