US$78
US$72
Maclin Lodge Motel(Campbelltown)
US$102
US$96
Best Western Grand Country Lodge(Mittagong)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$98
Agoda.com
Springs Resorts Mittagong RSL Motel(Mittagong)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$72
US$87
US$82
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Stayed there for over a week recently for work commitments. Saw the reviews before arriving and was put off a bit. Stayed in 2 different rooms during my stay. First needs a bit of a paint job, but not too bad. Second room was nice and tidy. Room cleaned everyday, TV worked, bed comfortable. Food at adjoining pub very nice, and staff friendly. Nothing to really complain about. It is what it is, a small motel in a small town - its not a holiday resort.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We travelled a month around Australia and this place was by far the worst place we stayed. Normally we check out the rooms but this time unfortunately we didn't. The rooms are awful. I was scared to put the a/c unit on as it was so filthy I couldn't imagine the quality of air that would come out. The were smears on the walls in both bathroom & bedroom go goodness know what. Outside there was garbage piled up in the space adjoining the rooms. The yard area outside was littered with empty water and beer bottles. Not a good place at all, needless to say we left very early the following day. A visit by a health inspector wouldn't go amiss. Sadly if you are traveling south there isn't anywhere else for a long way so plan ahead.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I should have taken notice of the other reviews , (I thought surely it cant be that bad),, IT WAS,,,but we had no choice,had already paid and the function we were attending was just around the corner so it was convenient,, next time I would sleep in my swag on the side of the road ,,,it was awful,,, Rooms and the bedding absolutely stunk, Supposed to be including continental breakfast,,, yeh right,,,,after the first night we were getting ready to go out for the day and the "Cleaner" asked if we needed our room done,, I said don't worry about the bed,, just do the breakfast stuff,,, got home in the afternoon and she had left 2 pieces of bread in the fridge,,, didn't replace the sugar, coffee, tea, milk, cereal,,,and didn't even take away the dirty dishes from the mornings breakfast and didnt empty the rubbish bin,,when we went to reception to enquire about it was basically told,, that's the cleaners problem not us,,Avoid this place like the plague,, without a doubt the worst motel I have ever stayed in,, Do not go there !!!!!!

Room Tip: there are no "Good" rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vulcan90049
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed four nights, even though the place is old found it clean, bedding clean and warm, tidy and staff obliging, the free bus service to the motel was most welcomed, I shall be returning next year for another holiday.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Grumpy293
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The rooms at the Tahmoor Inn are dark, dingy and smelly. It is as though a poor attempt was made to build the accomodation 50 years ago (things like cupboards and skirtings are unfinished) and the rooms have just been kept this way.

Old green plastic drawdown blinds are perished, maroon carpeted floors are stained and there is a very dingy old airconditioner type system hanging from the window. The windows are dark and creepy and offer no airflow making the rooms, although decent sized, feel small and claustrophobic.

The sheets were laiden with bleach so badly my eyes and skin stung. Even with the bleach they managed to feel terribly old, stained and worn. The bedding was so bad I went to bed fully clothed and only lay on top of the sheets, barely sleeping a wink.

Everything in the room was dusty, with what seemed like an accumulation of decades of poor cleaning attempts. There is an ash tray provided and the rooms have clearly had smokers in the past as they smelt like dirty old ash trays. I could not breath and felt sick after a few hours in the room. These rooms would definitely pose a serious health hazard to anyone suffering from asthma or respiratory problems.

This would have to be the worst place I have ever stayed and I travel frequently around Sydney and Aus. for work. The only plus side to this accomodation compared to other nearby pubs/hotels is that it is quiet and has a bathroom within each room. Mind you the bathroom is disfunctional as the bathroom door opens out into the toilet such that you cannot reach the toilet unless you close the door. Additiinally the shower fittings are so cheap they leak and water sprays in all directions around the room.

These rooms are crying out for a complete renovation and would require a major upgrade before I decided to step foot into the place again. The adjoining pub area had been renovated and is quite alright, with nice fresh pub food. Come on guys it's time to do the rooms! After all it is the Tahmoor Inn not the Tahmoor Pub!!

• Stayed: January 2013