“50 star rating”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2014

Well I am on my honey moon,but nothing is important as stopping by to review the North pole!!!...where can I start. ..On Saturday 6th Sept I held my wedding ceremony and evening reception at the North pole ..I heard it had an excellent reputation, but it really did exceed all expectations. Zoe and Lee the owners went not only an extra mile but more like 500 miles to make our day that extra special. The work Zoe and the team put in was something, I will never forget the organisation, the extra touches, but not only that all the stess was gone, I just had to turn up....the ambiance was amazing, the food was delicious and the quantity of food served amazed my guests myself and my Husband. ..the best wedding buffet by far and the banoffee pie was like a dream and I was sure my portion was to share with all my guests, but no it was all for me!!!!....zoe and the staff at the North pole, make you feel your part of the North pole family. ....the place draws you in...on a personal note I don't think I have been anywhere where I felt so truely comfortable being me, just relaxed and happy!!...All my 60 wedding guests loved the venue, the excellent food and the most amazing ambiance ....even though the North pole seems like it should be cold place ...I can't think of a warmer more friendlier place .....A special Thank you to all at the North pole for making my day the happiest and a place that I truely sincerly recommend for celebrations or just for a relaxing meal with the family Love Donna & Keith xx

1  Thank Donnakeith

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Just visited the North Pole for an anniversary meal with our son and daughter in law who had their wedding breakfast there 2 years ago. Nothing is too much trouble for Zoe and her staff, the food is fantastic, large portions, freshly cooked and reasonably priced. The garden has benefitted from a makeover involving a decked area with gazebos and more seating being added, this is a lovely addition to the overall ambience of the pub. For anybody who loves a country pub with excellent food and friendly publicans this is the place for you.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We received a warm welcome after a short wait and were shown to our table in the large restaurant at the back of the pub. The staff were attentive and helpful and the chef provided a lovely selection of roasted vegetables to go with my tuna - fed up with salad! Unfortunately my friend's starter of scallops - only 4 small ones for £10.95(!) - were overcooked. Our tuna steaks were also slightly overcooked, but as we hadn't asked for them to be 'pink' we let that go. As the restaurant became busier, the two lovely waitresses did struggle a bit as I think they were running the bar as well. Some of the other diners were very noisy and a bit OTT. I think that the menu is a little over ambitious and over priced, as it doesn't really meet the 'gastro' level. From other reviews I'm guessing that the Sunday carvery would be the best bet. I wish I could be more positive, but would think twice before going back ine evening.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Six of us met for a pre wedding family lunch. The welcome was fine. We were early birds and had a nice table with a round of drinks served quite quickly.

Thereafter it all went a bit downhill. It was ages before anyone came to get our order and then every one else seemed to get their meals long before us. Sixty minutes berfore lunch appreared was far too long. Another lenghty wait for coffees and teas. It took even longer to find anyone to pay our bill.

We were the first customers in for lunch and about the last out.

Poor sevice. I slall not choose to return in a hurry

Food? Not bad but quite pricey

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My partner and I have been coming to this local for several years now, and are always welcomed by friendly Staff along with the Publican's themselves who we have got to know quite well for a chat whilst there.
The pub itself has a very warm feel with seating either side of the fireplace, and in comfy chairs too, along with catering for those wishing to dine in with a restaurant seated area available.
I can't recall ever really being disappointed with any meal we have had, from their home made burgers and chips, to the traditional Sunday carvery which is a must, and recommended to book to save disappointment.
We have also always been impressed with their premium larger and wine, which my only input would be 'the colder the better wine' if white of course.
I am aware that the owners have recently invested in re-designing the rear garden with decking and very relaxing style furniture which we can't wait to try out soon whilst the sun is shining..