“Quirky tea shop”

Where Memories Meet
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional tea room with a twist. Combined with an antiques & vintage centre all housed in a quirky c1800 Grade II listed building with its own spring-fed well in the middle of the Kent Countryside.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have visited this tea shop on numerous occasions and have always left with a happy memory of a quirky tea shop. Wonderful cream teas, sandwiches and fresh food always available served by friendly staff. Car parking is opposite so is only a very short walk. Upstairs is the main tea shop and overflow downstairs with antiques for sale adorning shelves and walls makes this an interesting venue. Numerous leaf teas and speciality teas available. We've just had a full afternoon tea with a glass of prosecco. It was very relaxed. What I find quite unusual about this place is even the chairs you sit on are for sale. Check out their website for more info, it's well designed and tells you about the history of the building and the discovery of a well in the basement. One of my favourite places for afternoon tea. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Rip_5

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Lovely little restaurant that also sells a few antiques.
Nice fresh cooked meals and sandwiches, breakfast or lunch also can be booked for afternoon tea

3  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Coming to the area for the day, it had been suggested by friends of mine to visit this lovely tea shop, with antiques and collectibles. I was greeted with a lovely warm welcome and shown to a table. Being a vegetarian and having a nut allergy, I was concerned, like I am at any new eatery I visit. However, I was given a large selection to choose from. The food was superb, top quality homemade food and presented wonderfully. After eating, I couldn't resist going downstairs and looking at what else to buy. Viewing the antiques and collectibles was like walking through Aladdin's cave, there's really something for everyone, no matter your budget or style. I was also informed that a number of evening events are held here too, from psychic and tarot nights to a Halloween party, wine cheese and quiz nights and a vintage Christmas. This is the perfect venue no matter the occasion and I will definitely be returning now that I've found this gem.

3  Thank bealh24
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had a wedding reception in Wateringbury Village hall so it only seem sensible to get our fresh sandwiches nearby. We ordered 10 platters of freshly made sandwiches from where memories meet. All our guests commented how delicious they were. They were beautifully presented with gorgeous fillings and lovely soft bread.
I asked if the platters could be labelled to prevent waste however I need not of worried they were all gone within a short period of time with us only having half a sandwich each! At least the guests loved them!
Communication with Lucy was easy and very friendly. My husband and I would recommend this tearoom for sure!
Thanks Lucy and staff!

4  Thank L J
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Was hoping for a quaint little tea shop with a fair selection of food. We were all quite disappointed with the selection. Two of the four of us being vegetarian found the selection incredibly poor. The other two weren't that happy with their lunch either. The room was full of flies and the road out the front is very busy and noisy. Also, the cost of the food was quite high. The young english girl that served us was lovely and very polite. Her service was genuinely 5*. I wish I'd caught her name so I could recommend her to nicer establishments who are looking for staff in the area.

As for the "antiques", it was basically like the contents of a charity shop, but the prices increased tenfold.

I'd recommend this place to pub, café, restaurant owners so that they can poach the very unappreciated waitress.

My coffee was okay, hence the review being 2*.

1  Thank The_foolish_italian