I can't speak highly enough of this resort if you want a relaxed Thai experience for a decent price. If you want manicured gardens and the feeling that you could be at any big boring hotel anywhere in the world, then go to the Sheraton or the Sofitel, pay twice as much for a burger and don't read this review.
The resort is nestled into the sloping hill down to one of the most beautiful unspoiled beaches in the world. The sun sets behind the limestone outcrops over the water and the staff were amazing.
My wife and I recently got married here after checking out all the resorts along Tub Kaek and Ao nang. All our guests were treated fantastically and the arrangements for the wedding were not just to plan (mostly via email), but were done with the care and attention to detail that you'd expect from a relative, not a resort manager.
The wedding was absolutely perfect and the decorations were set to take advantage of the beach not work against them.
It is remote, but as with any quiet resort in Thailand you need can easily get to town and back. Transfers booked through reception were a little pricey, but transfers were always on time and if you're a penny pincher, then get a number of a good driver on your way in and and book direct with them to save a few dollars.
I've also never seen a place that can be so big and so private at the same time. The seperate pools and way it cascades down to the beach means you can have 50 of your friends and family staying there and still find privacy and quiet when you need it.
We needed a place that was affordable and classy and the staff and resort blew us away by exceeding both. If you want a relaxed casual and good value resort stay with a very Thai feeling to it, then DEFINITELY go here. You can easily get longtails out for day trips to islands or get down to Ao Nang for a night out (very relieved to be able to get away from the nagging tailors and back to the resort though). The shopping in Ao Nang is very touristy so I'd recommend looking for a thai owned store with a friendly owner for souvenires (I got one item for 290 baht that a nagging indian guy had tried to charge me 1200 for only metres away).
No idea what the complaints about breakfast from a previous poster were. The buffet was as good as any mainstream hotel with amazing service (they remember your coffee preference) and the view from upstairs resturaunt has got to be one of the best in the world. The resturaunt by the pool (lunch and dinner) had a really nice selection of foreign and thai food for all tastes and every meal was presented nicely and tasted great.
The staff were fantastic about the wedding and let us kick on until 2am before they even closed the bar. They even pre-arranged things so other guests would not be disturbed with room positions and a note to everybody the day before.
As with anywhere in thailand... treat the staff and people with respect and as friends and you will be treated as a VIP in return. Thankyou to all the staff at Anyavee Tub Kaek for giving my wife and I the perfect wedding - especially the manager Khun Bow - she deserves a raise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort invites you to experience our little piece of private paradise where the sky meets the endless sea. A cluster of villas cascade through verdant gardens, sloping down to the shore and looking out on the dramatic Hong Islands speckled in the cerulean Andaman Sea. High grey-shingled roofs pepper the line of sight, gables arched into lotus bud sculptures - the Buddhist symbol of purity - setting a peaceful undertone for the resort experience. In the Building Wing, architectural elements reference the mosques of traditional nearby communities, paying symbolic respect to the cultural harmony that defines this stunning region of the Thai Kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort Krabi, Thailand