Lowest prices for your stay
RM 521
Reykjavik, Iceland
From bad to good
Review of Beyond Krabi
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Feb 2024via mobile
We had booked 10 nights in garden villa but whwn we arrived we were told it was not available and were offered another room which was not comparable to the villa. Much smaller and located close to the gate to the hotel. Since we arrived late because of flight delay we had no other choice than to stay there for our first night. This is the first time at a hotel that I felt I had been down graded, usually when your room is not avaiable you get a better one. Room was not something that we would accept so they told us that our villa would be available the next morning and offered a complimentary dinner because of this. And the next morning we got our villa and became very happy again. The villa is big with beautiful veranda which we enjoyed. Often there would be cats lying on the veranda. I guess they have the purpose of eating insects. Breakfast was good and lot of choices. Ommelette, fried eggs, fresh fruits, youghurt, all kinds of breads. The only thing that I could fault is the juice which is blended and watery. But everything else perfect. Happy hour at the beach bar every day from 15-17 with coctails half price. We took full advantage of that and I like to complement staff member by the name Tee. Always smiling, in a good mood and he made our stay better. Also the staff members in luggage, they were very helpful. We booked a trip to Phi Phi Islands from the hotel and were happy with that. Reasonably priced day trip. I would be happy to stay again if I find my self again in this area. I will put pictures both of the small room (room 5101) and our villa (room 2181) so you can see the difference
RM 1,107
    RM 436
2.5 km from Beyond Krabi
View more hotels in Nong Thale
2,213 results
All reviews main building sea view garden villa beach bar tuk tuk klong muang beach front massage places great beach local restaurants private beach nice pool happy hour long tail boat the general manager hong island krabi
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2024

Ok resort with nice pool, beach and sunset. Some mold smell on room. Not so much europeen breakfast so it getting boring after some days. Lot of restaurants on beach and on street just a few min walk for lunch and dinner.
Nice staff, but want to mention Mr Tee working at pool - he is doing all for customers and are always happy! You feel happy just watching him, hope resort take care about him 😊

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Robert Frei, General Manager at Beyond Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2024

Dear 456jags,

All staff and the management at Beyond Krabi would like to thank you for being our guest recently and writing us feedback of your stay for which we are glad to know that you like our resort and our staff, especially Mr. Tee our Pool Boy who impressed you with his service and attitude.

Your compliment will be shared to all staff concerns as it is so important for us to know whether we have done enough to satisfy our guest already or not.

Mr. Tee will be received this compliment as well, he is one of our best staff in Food & Beverage Department.

My staff and I shall look forward to welcoming you and your family again at Beyond Krabi during your next holiday in the south of Thailand, we remain.

Reviewed 31 January 2024 via mobile

We arrived here and I thought I was in paradise! It is spectacular.
I read the reviews and whilst it is quiet, I’d use the word ‘relaxed’ more than quiet. The breakfasts cater for people from around the world and you can always find something lovely to eat.
The hotel rooms are beautiful. The location is picture perfect, and all the staff are fabulous. They cannot do enough for you, especially Yob. He made our holiday. We will be back.

Room tip: Sea view rooms are fabulous…
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear CLL-73,

My staff and I at Beyond Krabi would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and sharing us your good feedback from your experience for which we are so glad to learn that you like our resort and really had an enjoyable stay.

Your compliments to our staff and services are highly appreciated and it is very important for all of us to know where we are in our guest's perception.

We all shall look for another opportunity to serving you and your family again at Beyond Krabi during your next holiday in the south of Thailand, we remain.

Reviewed 31 January 2024

Very nice hotel. It is INCREDIBLY quiet so, if you’re looking for a quiet place, it would be perfect. It was a bit too quiet for us.

The tide is often out, exposing rocks but still beautiful overall.

The staff are very helpful and friendly. I have to of course mention ‘Yob’ who showed us to our room and drove us to Ao Namg and the airport. He’s lovely and nothing is too much trouble.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Robert Frei, General Manager at Beyond Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2024

Dear P3610JSjoannas,

On behalf of all staff here at Beyond Krabi, we would like to express our sincere thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and writing us feedback of your stay for which it is so important for us to know whether our guest had a pleasant stay or not.

All of your comments will be shared to all staff concerns to enjoy your compliment together especially Yob who drove you to Ao Nang and Airport. He always extended his best efforts to ensure of our guest's happiness and satisfaction at all times.

We all shall look forward to welcoming you and your party again during your next holiday in Krabi, the charming of Andaman Sea, Thailand.

Reviewed 8 January 2024 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel at 6:45 pm after a 12 hour day of travel and the reception told me the room would not be ready for another 30 minutes. She said I could get a soda at the bar while I waited. I told her that was unacceptable. It was almost 7pm and I needed to go to my room now, she said not ready, I said you need to buy me a cocktail. After 3 phone calls I got a free cocktail. At 7:30 pm when I got to my room there was no toilet paper and the refrigerator was empty and hot. I left to go get some dinner. When I returned and got into bed the bed was as hard as a rock. I called reception and did receive a mattress pad quickly, The final straw was at check out when I was charged 100 baht for a broken glass.

Not a luxury hotel.

Room tip: Thailand has a massive influx of Russians that are escaping the war. In Phuket and in Krabi I felt like I was in Russia and not in Thailand.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Robert Frei, General Manager at Beyond Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2024

Dear 333love2travel,

All staff and the management at Beyond Krabi would like to thank you for staying with us recently and sharing us feedback of your stay for which it is so important to know where we are in our guest's perception.

Please accept our sincerest apology for all inconvenience that you had experience. We hope such the unexpected incidents will not place us in your permanent disfavor.

We all shall look for another opportunity to welcoming you and your family again during your next trip to Krabi.

Reviewed 8 January 2024 via mobile

We arrived at Krabi for our honeymoon anniversary and expected a divine experience in Thailand. It was quite the opposite unfortunately :-(((
From the start when you step in the reception you can tell this hotel is a big mistake…
All over the place there are old, broken and dirty furniture, which seems to be left over, a very hot and unpleasant environment, not a good first impression.

We arrived 10PM and were kindly received but no food or even drinks available after a long trip. One would expect a bar open for some late drinks, maybe some snacks, and a warm decoration, some nice music playing, but not, it was silent, dull and sad.
The only option for some food was a 7/11 store crossing the road.

The reception area could easily handle a bar with some decent music but instead it’s lame, sad, old and definitely not welcoming. The rooms are all dated and not pleasant, smelling mold and mothballs, there are cracking on the walls, sad old colours, it lacks renovation but mostly it lacks CHARM.

The streets stink sewage from the drain underneath which was disgusting, specially for the ground rooms during hot time.
I spoke to the manager about the quality do the rooms and he confessed the pictures on the website are from 11 years ago and no renovation since then.

Now the worst part: the poor breakfast…
I have never experienced less inviting breakfast in my life ! The place is hot as a sauna, with some fans busting hot air, there is hardly any fruit, juices are not fresh (processed juices in a resort ??!!), all the utensils look dirt, food appearance is disgusting, cooks are sweating over the food and the QUALITY is horrible.
I could only spare to eat a piece of bread, egg and coffee, the rest looks DISGUSTING (see pictures on TripAdvisor).
The chef is often seen during breakfast handling the pastries with bare hands.

The overall sense of higiene in the place is really LOW and gives a bad feeling.
Many staff people working but not attentive to the customers; drinks are simply HORRIBLE !

I complained to the manager and he offered me a dinner (no drinks of course) as a compensation for this bad experience - terrible idea, the meat was chewing and made it even worse.
We tried to change hotels but last minute and end of the year we could not find anything else unfortunately.

The only music playing at night is from a local Thai band completely out-of-tune and playing depressive songs (listening to “Close to you” by Carpenters ruined the Revellion vibes, the same melody you hear over and over in the breakfast - really bad choice).

By the way if you want to complain about anything try to look for the manager, you can find him playing football at the end of the day on the beach.
This should be called “BELOW Resort” and not “Beyond Resort”…

Bottom-line:
The hotel has potential FOR SO MUCH MORE but it looks like the management does not care. Simple things like room renovation, better breakfast, music and a nice reception area would have made another impression.

The only worth part of this hotel is the location, right in front of the beach. Everything else disappoints. !
Would you recommend this to anyone: NO, Would you come back again: NEVER !

Final advice:
Do not waste your time (and money) on this hotel, just go next door to NAKAMANDA or even better to the brand new VARANA and get some decent value for money instead of this fake “resort”.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel before full renovation, breakfast update and change of the management
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Dream64007278325,

Thank you for being our guest recently and sharing us the unpleasant experiences of your stay for which we are deeply sorry to fail in achieving your expectation in all areas.

We realized that our resort is not the type of resort that you are looking for to spend holiday in the south of Thailand except the location and the beach. However, we do not want to waste your time to giving you an explanation why and how all are occurred, but kindly rest assure that all of your comment is well handled for our further improvement.

We thank you again for your kind patronage to Beyond Krabi and glad to know that you and your family arrived home safely.