Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$66
Amari Vogue Krabi(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$103
Nakamanda Resort & Spa(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$119
Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$53
Priceline
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$31
Hotels.com
US$147
US$134
Beyond Resort Krabi(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$65
Cancelon
Free cancellation until 19/07
US$450
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort(Nong Thale)
US$352
US$217
Priceline
  • Pool
1,895 results
All reviewsoutdoor shower and bathour honeymoonpremier pool villathe beanbean bags on the beachthai restaurantboutique resortresident managerdi marehong islandrotiflip flopsdeluxe roomhappy hourprivate beachphi phithai massage
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We have visited quite a few resorts around Asia and I can say, this was the most amazing place that we have been to.
Architectural design & planning- this little premise is designed with everything that one would need on a relaxing resort holiday. Contemporary yet unique and quaint, the planning and landscape design of the resort is done so well that even during full-house (we went during the Chinese New Year holiday), we could not feel the crowd and it was very nice and quiet. The room is not the most spacious, but the semi-open bathroom with a super large outdoor bath (our family of 3 fitted nicely in it) made it special. The pool area is well landscaped, lush and surrounded by a small group a beautiful villas - wonderfully relaxing.

The beach - incredibly fine sand married with Krabi's unique coastal view - the rock islands. Water is calm and crystal clear. Paradise! The hotel had all their over-sized bean bags laid out for guests to lounge at. They were so comfortable that the all three of us had all out morning naps there.

F&B - there is only one all day dining restaurant at this property, but the menu includes Chinese, Italian and Thai. We tried both the Italian and Thai menu and both are equally amazing. The service is very efficient, and staffs are incredibly attentive. The variety in the breakfast spread is not as large as ones you find with international operators, but good and fresh enough. The egg station even does roti pancakes - the ones that you find on the street around Thailand!!

Service - now, this was what really MADE our holiday wonderfully special. What makes the staff unique in is property is that they are not just trained to do what they do, but you can see they enjoy their job and they take it seriously. They take it a step further to make guests feel at home. A example of this is they remember every single guests names (even all the kid's names - including our 8-months old infant son), make an effort to have genuine conversations with guests to understand their needs, and remember them. The general manager would actually come out of her air-conditioned office and greet guests! The warmth and hospitality we experienced at this resort was incredible!
Another example I would like to make - during our stay our son was ill with high fever. The hotel staff did not only get out of their way to find us a pediatrician, attend to all our needs without us asking for it (extra bottled water at our room, etc), the GM even sent flowers to our room with a personal note! All these add to the operational cost - they didn't have to, but it is personal touch like this that makes this place special.

Most staff speaks good English.

The Tubkaak Resort has officially become our favorite - we highly recommend it and will definitely be back.

1  Thank bullseye1775
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We own an apartment in Phuket but at the end of our winter holiday we decided to go on a little trip and drive to Krabi for a night. I did not know where we were going to stay as I usually trust my boyfriend to sort out the accommodation. From the moment of the arrival at the hotel I was in love with this place. We felt very welcomed and looked after right away. My boyfriend had reserved a table for dinner for that evening and I was very surprised when I was asked to verify the menu. My likes and dislikes were taken into account and I was told the chef would cook my favourite soup instead of the seafood chowder from the menu. Then, when we were ready to go to our room, the manager informed us that she upgraded us to a suite with a private pool. The beach front villa ticked all the boxes and more: lovely bathroom with outdoor shower and bath, the most comfortable bed with the softest sheets, amazing view, spacious lounge with the doors opening straight into the pool and about 30 meters to the beach.

What else could we want? Well, in the evening, it turned out we had one of their "love dinners", secretly arranged by my boyfriend who planned on proposing that night. And he did - right after we let go a Chinese lantern and before the band played "Love is all around" just for us, at our table on the beach, away from the main restaurant.

Every moment was perfect and every second of our stay was just right. Incredibly friendly and efficient staff made us feel so special on that romantic occasion. After having one of their SPA packages, my boyfriend/fiance even considered kidnaping the masseuse as it was one of the best massages he'd had in his life (and he is very fussy about it) . We also enjoyed all the meals, cooked to perfection and simply everything we encountered within those 24 hours. I love the fact that the manager, knowing how important it was to my boyfriend, made sure that we felt the most comfortable. We did not have to check out until late afternoon as well.

There is no bad thing I could say about the Tubkaak Boutique Resort. I can honestly recommend it to anyone who wants to experience something special! We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kociatko
Reviewed 2 February 2011

We have just returned from 10 days at the Tubkaak and could not recommend it highly enough! The hotel and grounds are beautiful and well looked after, we booked a superior room and were more than happy with it, the bathroom is amazing, huge shower and outdoor bath. The beach is quiet and you have the most spectacular view overlooking Hong Island, the restaurant overlooks this beach view so you get to see it a lot and you never get bored of the view!!
During our 10 days we fell into an easy pattern which included most of our meals at the restaurant (you can get 1000 baht a day on a package towards your food and drink which is well worth it), cocktails and happy hour 6-7 to watch the sun go down and then dinner. The food is excellent and the prawns and crab are outstanding.
Despite all of this the best thing about the Tubkkaak is the team of people who work there, Petcharat and Suny the managers make themselves available and introduce themselves personally early on, the staff make an effort to get to know you by name and I honestly don't think you get such personal service in many places to such a high degree!
It was my birthday on the last day and without prompt from my partner there was staff members wishing me a happy birthday! They then made me a cake in the evening and sung happy birthday to me - this was without charge or prompting, just a great personal service!
We had 2 yoga sessions while there arranged by the hotel just by the beach and the yoga teacher was also great, we also used their spa for massages which are really good as they are in air conditioned rooms. But if you want a beach massage instead there is a good place next door to the hotel.
We hope to visit the Tubkkaak again someday soon, we enjoyed it so much we would consider taking a detour if on holiday nearby!!
Only one downside - there is lots of mosquitos around, the hotel do a spray around once a week to control them but its right under the forest so you need spray day to day especially at night.
There was 1 family there during our stay but its really a couples venue, I think it would be great if it was adults only as I'm sure it must be a bit boring for kids....

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olivespencer
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Ok, so to state the facts first. My fiancé and i stayed here for 7 nights in January and were on a Bed and Breakfast package with the extra hotel offer of 1000 baht per day contribution to anything you wanted (recommended) We are both in our late 20's and spent a week at another Thai hotel (The Rayavadee) after our visit here.  We wanted a good quality, private holiday at 2 different hotels and money was not a consideration. We did however, want to avoid children and large 150+ room hotels.

Overall the hotel was simply breathtaking. It met and exceeded all of our expectations on every single level. (and no, we don't work or own this hotel)

We have spent time in some of the best hotels in the world so we are at least semi qualified to make a few observations.

BAD:
The wi-fi was a bit unstable.

Some of the hotel residents lacked manners and would eat lunch in less than flattering swimwear. (the hotel could enforce a lunch and breakfast cover up policy)

GOOD:
The staff are truly perfect and will go to no end to ensure you are looked after at all times. The average hotel staff's salary is about 20,000 baht per annum, which isn't far away from one nights stay here!

To give you an example of the honesty and dedication of the staff... One night we took a taxi to a rather dirty and touristy town of Ao Nang. We had dinner there, but on arriving back at our hotel we realised we had forgotten our bag of cheap, tacky souvenirs.  After mentioning this to the young man on reception he personally went back to the restaurant the next day to collect our belongings.  Furthermore when I tried to give him a 500 baht thank you he simply refused it.

A special mention also needs to be reserved for Sunny, the resident day manager. He knew every guest by there first name and was such an ambassador for this amazing boutique hotel.

It could be argued that the rooms are a little small, but that didn't bother us, we were there for a week and had no issues whatsoever.

The bathroom is awesome with a massive shower and uncovered outdoor bath.  Everything was spotlessly clean and each morning and evening fresh flowers and toiletries were left for us.

There is only 1 restaurant here, and it serves you breakfast, lunch and dinner. (in a hotel this small and personal you only need 1 restaurant) The food was amazing and varied. And had specials along with local music every night.

Another nice touch was our last night we had a private candlelit table solely reserved for us on the beech! WOW.

The swimming pool is clean and very refreshing and has a jacuzzi but we spent all our time by the beech.

The location, amidst a jungle oasis was perfect and you could not see the hotel from the sea! Perfect privacy. We spotted lots of wildlife: troupes of monkeys, (massive) Molitor Lizards, turtles, squirrels, snakes and other wildlife.

The beech was as near to private as you will get. With only 3 other hotels on this stretch of beech it was perfect.

On the odd occasion people from the other hotels walked past ours they all looked on amazed at how good this hotel looks. I should imagine they all returned to there own hotels feeling deflated that they weren't staying at The Tubkaak.

The weather, it was January, so was amazing.

OTHER:
Some of the trips are well worth spending a day or half day on. During our time in Thailand we went:

- Elephant Trekking - 800 baht per person, only an hour but great fun.
- Private Boat Trip to Hong Island - 1700 baht, best to do it this way to avoid the tourists and speed boats. The Tubkaak even had it's own long tail boat to ensure complete flawless service.
- Slow Boat Trip to PhiPhi Island - 3500 baht per person, amazing day out. But once again blighted by so many speed boats and long tail boats.
- Evening visit to Ao Nang, great if you want to buy cheap, funny and tacky souvenirs or have your picture taken with a monkey, but in general the place is very dirty, and not worth spending too much time on.

SUMMARY:
Having ate and drunk at our leisure our bill for the week excluding accommodation came to 18000 baht or approx £350, what more could you want?

All in all, we had a breathtaking time here, I would certainly recommend it to friends and family, and without any doubt we will be returning.

There are many good things about this hotel which I will have forgotten to put in my review, but it is 100% worthy of the number 1 spot.

Truly 5*****

5  Thank UKTravellerNick
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We have just moved on from staying at the Krabi Boutique Resort and all the positive reviews are right. Everything was absolutely perfect and when we were asked by Sunny, the resident hotel manager, if there was anything that could be improved we could not think of anything at all. What really makes it so special is the wonderful, attentive staff. The facilities and food are also excellent. This really is a world-class hotel.

1  Thank derosa