We chose to stay at the Phulay Bay ("PB") for a Wedding Anniversary weekend, and could not be happier with the choice after thoroughly enjoying the level of hospitality, our Villa, and the resort.
The airport transfer on arrival was very comfortable, with the resort a 40 minute drive from KBV. We were greeted on arrival at the PB by senior management and our Butler (the excellent Khun Patty), and granted a Reserve Villa for our two night stay, which is an enormous Villa with a huge over-sized bed, private pool & outdoor relaxation area, and large internal central circular bathtub. The Villa was in a quiet end of the resort and behind high walls, so whilst any outlook is limited, it is very secluded and private. Due to the design of the Villa, a few minor aspects of the accommodation are not ideal or to everyone's taste (an exposed outdoor bathtub, a large outdoor "courtyard" that has no real purpose, the west-facing glazed shower & WC that is very hot in the afternoon sun, conversely a very dark wardrobe area), but in general the style of the Villa offers a mixture of quite unique design points with a natural & relaxed finish, and was very comfortable.
The PB offers excellent Food & Beverage services, as would be expected at this quality of resort. Our meals in both the Thai & International restaurants were very good, and the cocktails at the "sunset bar" added to the excellent view. The Breakfast is very good quality, and in particular offers amazing fresh (& sweet!) pastries - dangerous for that time of day!
We found the swimming pool a true highlight of the resort, with a huge pool offering an amazing view across Phang Nga Bay. The seating is plentiful and excellent, and pool staff were very attentive. Even significant renovation works on the Poolside Bar during the Low Season did not detract too much from the ambiance. It could be one of the best resort pools in Thailand.
The level of service from the staff at all levels was excellent, and the effort and personal attention put in by our Butler was exceptional. All the staff appear to take pride in the operation of the PB, and genuinely appear to have an interest in their guests, and their enjoyment of the resort.
The location of the resort somewhat limits activities beyond the resort grounds, but there is a decent public beach a short ride away (which helps as the PB does not have a sandy beachfront), which also has a number of decent hotel restaurants/bars for those staying at the PB for longer. There are very limited retail services in the area, with even just a 7-11 a 15 minute scooter ride from the PB.
In summary, our experience of the PB was very special, and the quality of the personal service and the relaxing ambiance of the resort is something we will remember for a long time, and something we would certainly recommend to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand