We stumbled upon this beach and resort towards the end of our holiday. Its isolation was perfect as we had had enough of town and busy resorts. The beachfront villa we stayed in had a perfect view of the beach. I could have easily stayed a week. We stayed 3 nights.
We didn't realise that Hong Islands was in the neighbourhood. We had decided to skip Hong Islands as it was 4-hours both ways from Ao Nang, where we had just come from. Then we found out it was 15 mins from Tup Kaek beach. So we arranged to leave early in the morning and arrived before the speedboats and their hordes of tourists arrived on Hong Islands. Good plan and highly recommend it.
Some reviewers flag the isolation of the resort as an issue, and if you a) don't have a car b) can't drive a scooter, and c) haven't had enough of town, then this place may get a tad frustrating. There are very few restaurants near you—the Italian next door is excellent but pricey. The only Thai seafood restaurant is mediocre and expensive. Also they use msg in their food, so if you have food sensitivities ask them to hold it.
It is a beautiful beach. And the resort is well-designed, comfortable and clean. One of our favourite spots.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refresh your body - Relax your Mind The 80 unit tropical style which fully facilities in stand alone bungalows and building with natural beautiful landscape look out over the pristine beach, crystal clear sea and against the backdrop of the mountains which shelters the resort and provides its unique privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort Krabi, Thailand