We just had 9 nights at the Sofitel Krabi and overall, we really enjoyed our time there.
The Resort is nice but wasn't what we expected from a Sofitel (we have only ever stayed in Sofitel's in Australia and this wasn't up to the same standard). Also, before coming to the Sofitel Krabi, we had 5 nights at the Pullman King Power in Bangkok and it was far superior - so we were disappointed because we expected the Sofitel to be a standard above the Pullman.
However, having said that, we loved the time at the Sofitel. The pool is fantastic, staff incredibly friendly - although our 2 year old was way over the attention he was given - he was constantly being touched and watched by everyone - might have been his blue eyes, blonde hair and cheeky smile but he has been a bit freaked out by everyone wanting to touch him all the time.
The day trips to Hong Island that the Sofitel offer are awesome - we did 2 of them - so relaxing and beautiful.
Kids club is also great - we were surprised at how cheap it was for our 2 year old - only 150THB an hour for baby siting ($5) which was pretty good and the staff were amazing.
Most other things in the resort were overpriced. The internet was $70 for a week for wireless internet - having said that, there were 3 computers in the business centre with free internet access
We have an Advantage Plus Card but it's applied randomly - can't use it in some places and can at others. Also, our package gave us 20% off ALL food and beverages however ALL didn't mean ALL!! We weren't given discount on kids meals or on the food we bought for the day trips to Hong Island So that was pretty frustrating and disappointing.
As most other reviews have said, the resort is out of the way - if you want action - or interaction with other people/shops/activities - go and stay at one of the resorts in Ao Nang - the Sofitel was probably too quiet for us but we just kept going into Ao Nang to get access to other facilities. The hotel provides a shuttle service into Ao Nang (100Bhat return) which was good although most days we took a Tuk Tuk into Ao Nang and then got the shuttle back.
The Spa was also great - bit overpriced but was nice - but most of the massages we had were in Ao Nang - 300 bhat compared to 1,800 at the resort.
Our Luxury Room was nice - but wasn't what I expected from the photos on their website. I thought it had a cut in lounge room as per photos but it was just a bigger standard room. Was good though. Bed wasn't the Sofitel normal bed - was very hard and my wife (who is 30 weeks pregnant) found the bed really hard and uncomfortable.
The Gym was basic but ok. Had a nice steam room and Sauna.
Anyway, overall it was a good stay but we wouldn't stay here again - we'd want more action than here and there are better 5 star resorts around Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel