Beyond Resort Krabi(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$67
Agoda.com
The Elements Krabi Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$84
Amari Vogue Krabi(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$103
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$105
  • Pool
Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$49
Agoda.com
Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$61
US$191
US$122
Priceline
Nakamanda Resort & Spa(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$97
US$456
2,802 results
All reviewswhite lotusmaya restaurantpool barexplorer barhong islandopera suiteluxury roomlargest swimming poolkids clubcolonial stylebusy roaditalian restaurantamazing poollow seasoncooking classfree shuttlespecial thanks
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We have just returned from a trip to Thailand where we first spent 3 nights in Bangkok, followed by 4 nights in Phuket and finally 4 nights in Krabi where we stayed in the Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf & Spa Resort. The highlight of the holiday was definitely Krabi, and we only wish we had stayed there for longer. We have vowed to go back to the Sofitel and spend longer there. Some highlights from the stay:

- room was amazing, very clean and spacious with all the amenities
- a huge pool which needs to be seen to be believed
- great restauraunt with great choice
- fantastic spa where we both spent a relaxing afternoon
- lots of activities, golf, rainy day activities, boat trips, spa's, swimming pool

The actual hotel is very grand and there has been clearly a lot of attention to detail and the theme throughout the hotel meant that it was a pleasure to spend time there - whether it it relaxing by the pool, sitting in the reception area or sitting in the bar. The hotel is extremely clean and everything was imaculate with the hotel staff regularly cleaning and clearly taking pride in the hotel.

Without a doubt the best thing about this hotel is the staff. I would say that this made our stay an unforgetable experience. The staff are so polite, welcoming and attentitive - they would actively seek to help where ever possible and always did so with a smile. In particular we spent some evenings in the Explorer Bar where the bar tender Ljoc (Lock) made us some fantastic cocktails and advised us where we should go during the day and what we should do and see. Drinking in the Explorer Bar was an absolute pleasure.

We also went on the speed boat trip to Hong Island - I would recommend this to anyone who stays. This is the Thailand that we wanted to see, with clear blue sea, powder sand beaches, and amazing wildlife. Here we went kayaking around the island to the emarald lagoon.

We have stayed in some great hotels over the years, and with out a shadow of a doubt this is number 1 and we will definitely being going back!!

Lee and Sarah

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee A
SofitelManagement, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab Dear Lee and Sarah,

We are delighted to read you have had a fabulous time with us at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as it is our clear goal to welcome our guests with the high level of standards and facilities for which Sofitel Luxury Hotels is better known for.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in quiet and peaceful location for more memorable moments with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

You may get disappointed when you arrive and realize there is a road between the Hotel and the beach, however after getting in there, you will see how nice the staff is (they struggle a little to use English, but they do their best).
Good swimming pool, good kids area, the dinner is a good experience, the Thai dishes are excellent. The service during the dinner could be better if they had more people -They were really running to get all guests served.
But the best was the boat trip the Hong Island - 7 minutes by a fast and high quality boat, our little boy really enjoyed with other babies and small kids. Nice beach, lunch, and good service. It was really a memorable long weekend there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Edmilson S

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab Dear Edmilson S ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort. I am sorry that our team's English skills and your dinning experience did not meet your expectations and in that regard allow me to express my most sincere apologies.

We, at Sofitel, strive to provide the highest standard of service therefore your feedback is invaluable to us. Please be assured that we have taken good notes of your comments and are constantly looking into appropriate measures to increase the value of our guest experience.

We appreciate your time in sharing and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and convince you with our top service, ambiance and facilities.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Very nice rooms, a huge pool and helpful staff! Only thing thats was a bit of a disappointment was the extremly small beach but I guess the enormous pool made it up for it. The breakfast killed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab Dear Josefine R,

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is our clear goal to welcome our guests with the high level of standards, service and facilities for which Sofitel Luxury Hotels is better known for. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We appreciate your time in sharing and looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Sofitels pool is certainly huge and amazing. We had garden view rooms opening out towards the kids pool which was good considering we have 3 young children. Unfortunately though our 2 rooms were not interconnecting so the 5 of us had to sleep in one room. I really don't know why hotels can not guarantee connecting rooms when you are booking in advanced. It is good that the pool is large as we would not recommend the beach. The beach has some broken glass. The food at the hotel was very nice. For cheaper meal options there are a couple of restaurants 5 minutes walk up the road. We went to a great bar just up the road across the bridge where we had cocktails. The hotel is certainly 5 star and also has the prices to match. The day spa was so nice and the traditional Thai massage was amazing! Though it was more expensive than a cheap massage on the beach it was well and truly worth every single cent..... So much that I had to have another and sent my husband to have a Thai massage. The kids club was brilliant, very very nice staff and very clean and well managed. Our kids loved it. We did the Hong Island tour from the Sofitel, I highly recommend this. It was beautiful and we enjoyed this more than our trip to Phi Phi Island by far. Our tour to Phi Phi island was very scary! Luckly our kids were in kids club as it was 2 meter swell on our boat trip and we were all terrified to say the least. I think the tours take you out regardless of conditions, we had no idea otherwise we would not have gone. One thing is that we didn't leave emergency details of people back at home in case something did go wrong. Also, all the stops to and at Phi Phi island were crowded!!!! and Phi Phi was very touristy, and crowded. Such a shame. To be honest, it wasn't for us. But, I regards to the hotel, it was nice and you wouldnt be disappointed in their 5 star service etc. do remember it is French influence and less of a Thai influence hotel.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Niaski S

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab Dear Niaski S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort.

I am really glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. I am also sorry that we could not allocate the connecting rooms despite of your request in advance.Please rest assured we really try our best to fulfill every single preference.

We appreciate your time in sharing and looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future, hopefully with more sunny days to explore the beauty of Krabi and of course our team will be pleased to serve you with an excellent service as always.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

First, I want to apologise to the Management and staff of the Sofitel Krabi for not writing my review earlier. We stayed at the Sofitel during March / April of 2012, and I simply have not had the time to write my review since returning home.
I took my wife on a surprise vacation to Thailand to celebrate her 30th Birthday, along with our 3 year old son. Before arriving in Krabi, we stayed for a week in Phuket, and to be honest, were left a little disappointed with the hectic way of life there. After a week in Phuket, we were ready for some relaxation and special treatment, and we certainly felt that we had found that when arriving at the Sofitel Krabi.
The entrance Foyer is magnificent, of colonial design and truly beautiful. We were welcomed and quickly checked in by very friendly staff. When we were shown to our room, it was on the 3rd floor, and to be honest, with a 3 year old who wants to be in and out of the pool all day, was probably not the best choice for us. We were taken back to reception and offered the opportunity to upgrade to a ground floor pool-access room at a special rate, an offer we were happy to accept. Once taken to the new room, we realised that in Thailand, most hotels expect infants and young children to sleep in the same (Very Large) bed as their parents, which we are not used to, but as soon as I mentioned it to the staff member who took us to the room, they could not do enough to accommodate us. A small cot bed was very quickly delivered to our room, and allowed us to begin to completely relax.
When I planned the trip, I did read negative reviews on Trip Advisor about the public beach, and the proximity to town. Honestly, I can only say that as soon as you set eyes on the absolutely huge swimming pool, you very quickly forget about the beach. The pool is immaculately maintained, beautifully warm and ideal for a family with young children. We spent endless days by the pool, completely relaxed, and with so much space around the pool, felt like we almost had the place to ourselves, which we clearly didn’t as the hotel was very busy. Regarding the beach, the hotel staff do keep it clean, offer a guard to ensure safety crossing the road, and to be honest, I thought the beach was more than acceptable, but as mentioned, I didn’t really care for the beach once I had realised how beautiful the hotel and its grounds are. For a better beach experience, I can recommend any of the trips to Hong Island or other small islands, either run by the hotel or from Ao Nang beach, those truly are special beaches worth visiting.
We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning, enjoying treats such as fresh fruit, juices, and even got my 3 year old son Daniel to try, and enjoy Smoked Salmon with freshly scrambled eggs. There is also a special small area for children’s breakfasts, with special pastries, fruits etc. The hotel has 2 other main restaurants for evening dinners, an Italian and an Asian restaurant. We ate at both of them and thoroughly enjoyed the food in both. Prices were on a par with most high end Thai Hotels, and were certainly acceptable. We did venture into Ao Nang on several evenings, simply to obtain some variety, and did find plenty of choice, but were always very happy to return to our special new ‘home’! Additionally, if you need a change of scenery for dinner but don’t want to venture all the way to Ao Nang, a few km’s down the road, near to the Sheraton hotel complex, are several small and simple restaurants, that offer reasonably priced food, but nowhere near Sofitel quality. The hotel does offer a shuttle bus into Ao Nang but a small fee has to be paid for each passenger. Public taxis are also available outside the hotel, but I feel only worth bothering with if you are a large group or sharing with other people. I guess the only negative comment I could ever lay at this hotel is maybe they could consider offering the shuttle service free of charge, especially for Sofitel loyalty Card holders.
I have stayed in many Sofitel Hotels around the world on business, and for sure knew that the standards would be high, but this hotel in Krabi really did set the bar. I do not feel that the negative comments I read earlier in the year are justified in any way, if you want a hotel that offers complete tranquillity, total relaxation and stunning rooms, facilities and grounds, then I can’t recommend the Sofitel enough. If however, you need a hotel to be right on a picture postcard white sand beach, then I don’t think the Sofitel is for you, and possibly, you should consider other destinations in Thailand such as Phi Phi or even Koh Samui.
During our stay, the staff were always immaculately presented, friendly, polite and accommodating. The General Manager, Mr Robin Debb frequently walked around the hotel introducing himself to the guests, and made a point of making everybody feel special and welcome. Of special mention should be one of the pool attendants, Kluay, who immediately befriended our son, and made a special visit each day to come and see him. Whilst our son was playing in the swimming pool, Kluay always looked out for him, and made us feel very safe and relaxed.
During the last evening of my stay, I suffered a personal injury, partially my own fault, and since my return home, the hotel management made it their business to write to me and check that everything was ok, in my opinion, outstanding customer service.
So, back to England and the rat race….right now we are saving hard to ensure that we can return to Krabi during February 2013, and we plan to take some friends with us. We will not for 1 minute consider any other hotel in Krabi, we are so looking forward to returning to the Sofitel, only this time for longer.
This hotel is fabulous, if you like being spoiled, treat yourself, I am sure you won’t regret it.
Well done to all at Sofitel Krabi, you should be proud of your hotel and staff, and we hope to see you all again next year.
Adrian, Lisa & Daniel Sim

Room Tip: We travelled with our 3 year old son, and because of his love of swimming and water, we upgraded (at small cost) to a ground floor pool access room, which was located near the childrens section of the pool. This gave us the ability to keep the mini bar fridge fully stocked with cold juice and drinks, so he could access them any time fo the day he wanted, without a lengthy trip back to the room. The room upgrade was well worth the small cost.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Adrian S
SofitelManagement, General Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Bonjour and Sawasdee Krab Dear Family Sim,

Thank you very very much for keeping us in your memories and taking the time to share your detailed feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read you have had a fabulous time with us at the Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort and you enjoyed our personalized service and the pool. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Our Sofitel-Team, strive to provide the highest standard of service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope that your next visit will be longer to relax more and to discover deeper the beauty of Krabi.

We so look forward to welcoming you back again in February for more memorable moments with us.