My fiancee and I stayed in this wonderful Krabi hotel in January 2012. The hotel is just like the pictures show it - big and luxurious. The pool is fabulous with plenty of deck chairs and you also have the added bonus of the beach right across the road. Given it's not the most beautiful of beaches but it certainly isn't unattractive. We enjoyed quite a few walks along the lovely foreshore (the sunsets were magnificent).
The hotel itself is lovely. The reception area is delightful and the rooms themselves are clean and large. We found the bed extremely comfortable and had no complaints whatsoever with our rooms.
Facilities were great - in addition to the enormous pool, the resort also has a gym (unfortunately only one treadmill and bike) and a small cooking school. We booked a cooking class and were lucky to have the chef all to ourselves. The food we cooked was delicious and we would definitely recommend this as a fun optional extra.
We also booked a day trip to Hong Island on the resort's own boat. It was a great day but the water at Hong Island was suprisingly dirty. We had wanted to snorkel but after 5 minutes in the water got out due to the large amount of rubbish and cloudy water (to be fair - they had had rain for the week preceeding our arrival).
The restaurants at this hotel were also lovely. The traditional Thai restaurant was our favourite, although service was extremely slow and they kept mixing up our order with that of the nearby table (not great when you had allergies on both tables!). The food was magnificent though and if they could get the service right, this would be a highlight of the resort.
Breakfast was excellent - standard large variety expected from a chain like the Sofitel.
Hotel is located about 20 minutes from Krabi Town. We liked the peacefulness and relaxing feel to the hotel. We ventured into Krabi Town once and that was enough for us!
We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers, especially those with children. The hotel is adjacent to an elephant refuge and the gorgeous baby elephant that they bought into the hotel grounds every few days was just divine and attracted adults and children alike whilst it played and snacked on palm leaves!
Thank you Sofitel Phokeethra - we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel