Our expectations were high being a Sofitel and on arrival we were utterly disappointed by 2 key things. The fact there is a road to cross to the get to the beach....not a small lane as I thought but a road full or lorries going to the tanker port and motocycles at certain times of the day. The second was the beach. At high tide you could swim, but the beach was small by the hotel the rest of beach was dirty and smelly. At low tide you cant swim due to rocks, litter and broken glass. Being far away from anything, and coming with kids there is a limit to what you can do at the hotel or without going on trips. However the hotel itself was very good....rooms and service all excellent, with a very large pool. BUT this pool overlooks the road above, and at busy times is not peaceful at all...another constant annoyance. It took quite a bit away from the place really.
Food was very good, although we had a below Thai meal one night surprisingly. But have to say our issues were treated very seriously and the Manger himself was involved. They refunded the meal and treated us to more wine. Fair enough I felt.
The staff are faultless. very customer oriented and helpful...they were also superb on the two trips we did from the hotel.
You cant really walk anywhere from the hotel , which is what we also like to do, so that was also disappointing. felt ratehr trapped at times unless I was bothered to get a taxi somewhere.
we realised just how important a beach was, but as we came from singapore for a few days was not so big an issue. If I had flown from Europe I would have been even more disappointed and a little let down. The website for the hotel builds the whole place up....including the beach and this I find misleading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel