We stayed here for 12 nights and put simply - LOVED IT!
Our room was large, clean and sea facing. The bathroom was a little dated but didn't detract from the overall experience.
The staff were SOOO friendly and efficient and we felt would do anything to make our stay perfect. We actually got engaged on our first night (but didn't really tell the staff for a few days who were still amazing before we told them) and the team were so nice (they laid flowers / candles / petals / a cake / a card (signed by all the staff) once they found out). Nana (the Guest Relations / Sales Rep) especially was lovely and went above and beyond.
They have one of the largest pools in Thailand - it is MASSIVE and lovely. We went end-October so wasn't too busy. The beach is also close-by and was surprisingly very quiet so it felt like our own private space. It's not a classic idyllic beach but this was still lovely and had the most stunning sunsets (and you can take trips to Ko Phi Phi etc).
Spa was excellent, obviously more expensive than the standard street massage but the overall spa experience was definitely worth it (and still very good value). They also have hotel-organised activities throughout the day (mostly free) so accommodates all moods / cravings and have a pretty good selection of paid for trips / activities (we did elephant trekking, Ko Phi Phi, Emerald Pool, Natural Spring, Tiger Cave Temple - good day trips but were quite expensive).
Word of note that the hotel is pretty far removed from anywhere with only a few local family run restaurants / shops within walking distance (food was excellent and cheap). This was ideal for us but may not suit everyone. It also meant you are a captive audience for the hotel restaurant which was quite expensive (for Thailand) and okay in terms of food quality (inc the breakfast). They do run a (pay for) shuttle to Ao Nang (closest main town) which to us felt like the Tenerife of Krabi (again not our thang but may suit others). Taxi's are quite expensive by Thai standards.
It was overall such a lovely experience and exactly what we wanted (i.e. to switch off to the world in luxury). Definitely recommend and would return.
PS I know it sound like we're gushing about this place - trust us when we say, this is rare and we speak our mind freely (good or bad)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel