We are a family of four with a two-year old and a four-year old. We very much enjoyed our three-day stay at the Sofitel and would recommend it to other families.
The pool was never crowded, the kids' club was wonderful and had lots of in-and-outdoor facilities to keep the little ones amused for hours, and the hotel offered a good range of activities for adults too: yoga, aquarobics, mountain biking, pilates etc. The gym is conveniently located next-door to the kids club. The beach is across a road but there were always guards there to safely get us across so that was no problem.
The breakfast buffet had a lot to choose from and they had a good children's menu.
A few things to note though:
- If you don't want the children to be fed or to be put in front of a DVD at kids' club, let the staff know. After leaving ours there for an hour while getting dinner organised, we found ours lounging in front of the TV and full of chocolate just before dinner: not what we had in mind...
- The hotel charges a hefty fee for extra beds and cots even for small children. It all adds up!
- If you choose to dine in your room, there is only one chair to sit on (this was in a standard room, pool facing) so you have to use either an upholstered lounge chair, a footstool, or drag the garden furniture from the balcony (or if you have two kids: all of the above!)
- Service in the restaurants is very slow and room service even more so: plan your kids' meals at least one hour before you actually want to eat to avoid ending up with children who are cranky/already asleep by the time your food appears.
- Internet in the room is 250 Baht ++ per day. Always disappointing when hotels can't offer this service for free.
- TV channels are limited, no kids' entertainment at all.
- There is a good tour company on the beach for going by longtail to Hong Island (paradise before 10am, horribly overrun after that) and many other spots near Krabi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is renowned for its timeless elegance, luxurious rooms and suites, gourmet restaurants, outstanding facilities, and gracious Thai hospitality. Set in a lush tropical garden and just a few steps from the beach and Andaman Sea, the resort features a 7,000 sq.M. Lagoon-style pool, the largest swimming pool in Thailand. Guests can enjoy four restaurants serving Thai and international cuisines, a fully equipped fitness centre complete with steam room and sauna, So SPA with L'Occitane offering an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments, and a Kid's Club. There is also an exclusive 9-hole golf course, and conference and meeting facilities and a unique 1,000 sq.M. Air-conditioned marquee for up to 950 persons. Designed to enhance the stay of every guest, our signature Leisure Butler service includes a VIP check-in and a personal assistant to arrange an unforgettable marriage proposal or special romantic moment, private dinner parties and celebrations, personalised excursions to nearby islands, and much more. Escape to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, a magnifique wedding, meeting or event in tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf And Spa Resort
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf Hotel Nong Thale
- Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Thailand
- Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Hotel
- Krabi Sofitel