Tup Kaek Sunset Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$73
Amari Vogue Krabi(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$116
Nakamanda Resort & Spa(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$119
Hotels.com
Beyond Resort Krabi(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$61
Agoda.com
Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort(Nong Thale)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$49
Agoda.com
US$180
US$134
Priceline
US$450
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort(Nong Thale)
US$352
US$344
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
2,771 results
All reviewswhite lotusmaya restaurantpool barexplorer barhong islandluxury roomlargest swimming poolopera suitekids clubcolonial stylebusy roaditalian restaurantamazing poollow seasonfree shuttlespecial thankspool side
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I am Accor Platinum and the owner of this hotel is the same as Angkor Wat, Siem Reap Cambodia. The Sofitel in Siem Reap is truly 5 stars. We arrived in Krabi and hotel provided airport transfer for a fee. Hotel lobby is open without air-conditioning. I was upgraded to an Opera Suite, I cannot understand why they call it that other then the room being large with not enough furniture to fill the living room. We had to have the mattress replaced because it was too hard, but they replaced with a comfortable one, the TV is large and plenty of channels.

The whole reason for coming to Krabi was to see the Phi Phi Islands. While the hotel insisted on using the hotel yacht they needed a minimum amount of people to use the boat, and the excursions desk was staffed by trainees with no supervision. They insisted on using hotel tours which cost about $1000 USD to go to Phi Phi Islands for 1 day, when I asked about other private outside of hotel tour operators. They had no information, no maps, nothing to help me or impress me. On my 2nd day they lowered the yacht price to $800 USD to go on the tour. I work for US Coast Guard in Miami and at best with the Boat they were using, was worth $400 USD. We spent 3 night at this hotel and never got to see the Phi Phi Islands, a huge disappointment!

The trainee’s were all over the hotel, one in the Club was very nice and explained they were doing a 6 month internship, not actually hotel employees but she went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

Breakfast was decent, included in the price of the room, the bacon was all fat, and no healthy dishes, no salmon, and lots of oil used, but the staff was friendly and smiling and helpful. The assistant director of Food & Beverage -Tom, Mr. Chaluaysri needs to be retrained. While he offered an Italian Restaurant, he advised us to eat Indian or Thai food only. We tried a pizza which was good but we were disappointed by the cost of a bottle of water, more than 10 USD, a total rip off, when they advertise the same bottle of water in the room service menu for 3 USD. I ordered French Fries because they were good the night before when I ordered a club Sandwich to the room. I asked for a large FF, when I checked the bill, they charged me a double order, which was way too much to eat alone, after 5 minuets they brought me an extra plate of fries that was complimentary. If they were giving me extra fries for free, then why bill me twice, another 10 USD, ++, Don’t forget that anything you buy at this hotel, they add 10% service fee ( a tip for employees) plus 7% government tax.

Ice cream Sunday at the club, extra 10 USD, popcorn at the movie theater 5 USD additional. Lots of family friendly activities but when you speak with management to resolve problems, they tell you that they will look into solving billing errors but never communicate back to you. A huge disappointment. This hotel is not running like all the other Sofitel Hotels, so don’t expect 5 stars here.

We had a Pedicure/ Manicure for 2, they posted the price of 1080 baht each, Final bill came to over 4000 THB, $130 USD, relaxing service but outrageous prices.

All in all I resigned myself to 3 days of beach and pool. I never saw Phi Phi Islands, I will have to return to Phuket and go from there, there are many more tours from there and no Sofitel Hotels, I was highly disappointed with Sofitel Krabi and I will never return. No management around to solve the billing issues. Everyone is an assistant of this or that or a trainee, highly frustrating. This hotel has awesome facilities and people who work here, smile and truly care that you return again, but a management that is totally absent to solve issues.

1  Thank NiceGringo
Poorit N, Guest Experience Manage at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Bonjour 'NiceGringo',

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We have taken on board your feedback and we have shared it with the teams to help us improve our guest experience. However, we would also like to take this opportunity to clarify some of the points you have raised with further explanation.

In relation to the excursions of the hotel, our Concierge team provided you the information about Phi Phi Islands and they also explained the minimum number of people that we require to operate the Sofitel speedboat trips. The price that you mentioned in your feedback was an option for you to enjoy an exclusive private trip on our luxury speedboat. We believe our staff also informed you about the other alternatives to explore Phi Phi islands by recommending the outsourced company. Regarding the chargeable water in the restaurant, it is a common practice in all restaurants that bottled water is charged. We serve premium mineral water imported from Italy, which is approximately $8 USD for a large 1 liter bottle, which is enough for 2-4 guests. You mentioned to our ambassadors that this price was way above the local 7 Eleven store. You also ordered ice cream from our ice cream shop and then advised that we should provide it free. Both of these expectations are quite unusual for a luxury hotel.

In relation to your comment about our interns, it is common in hotels to support internship programs to help develop future leaders in our industry. We have a number of interns that are personally selected from some of the best hotels schools in the world, and we only place one intern in an area at any one time, to ensure they are supported and trained by qualified ambassadors.

You mentioned that there was no management present, however your water complaint was dealt with by Khun Ice, the Restaurant Manager, who is responsible for handling such complaints, Khun Ing from the Club Lounge also spent considerable time with you, in addition to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, which is a senior level position in the hotel. We understand that Khun Tom went through the details of all of your feedback and he also made an effort to resolve the billing issue.

Mr 'NiceGringo', we think it is important to explain that our prices are in line with luxury hotel standards. We are providing a high quality guest experience in a luxurious environment. We offer our guests the finest food and beverage products, we invest in recruiting and training a skilled team of over 400 ambassadors to provide exceptional service, we also provide the best brands of quality equipment. All of this in a very large resort with beautiful landscaping and many facilities for our guests to enjoy complimentary. There are some items (mainly food and beverage) that we must charge for to enable us to sustain our business. The tax and service charge that you referred to is normal across Asia.

We are sorry to read that you were still not satisfied with our resolutions. Unfortunately we cannot turn back the clock on your experience, but we do thank you for your feedback and we wish you a magnifique onward journey.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks here with our 2 kids and really enjoyed it. Staff are super friendly and helpful and make your stay ptoblem free. Breakfast is second to none. The pool is huge, HUGE. Location is good, although the beach is a bit disappointing.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Martijn I
Poorit N, Guest Experience Manage at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Bonjour 'Martijn I',

Thank you very much for sharing such a positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

We were delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our Ambassadors are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

We are just back after 5 nights in the resort on our first anniversary.
I felt this is a good property with good service but need some improvements and renovation to give it a wow factor.
I was little disappointed by the reservation team as me and my wife was travelling for our first anniversary and after booking the resort we realized that my wife is pregnant. I requested for a room upgrade and they offered a 1500 THB/ night for an upgrade. As I am a gold member and knowing my wife is pregnant a complimentary upgrade would have been nice when half of your resort is empty.
I opted for an airport pickup which was done in a comfortable van and took us around 45 minutes to reach the property.
The resort is huge with a golf course and the biggest swimming pool you can imagine. They advertise them as a beach property but the beach is on the other side of the road. The beach itself is muddy where you cannot find anything nor you can swim. But with the huge pool they have compensated somehow.
The check in process was smooth and we were allotted a room in 15 minutes. 315 was a room on the second floor with pool and partial ocean view which was blocked by the trees. The room was big with colonial style furniture made of wood. Most of them needed to be refurbished when you look closely enough.
On most of the occasions I found service to be slow. I never got that wow feeling and the kind of service you receive at a luxury 5 star property.
They have several restaurants. We had breakfast at Maya and found staffs to be slow , non- interested. Koh Poda their pool side restaurant was good with awesome food and friendly service.
Though the star of the stay was the Indian/Thai restaurant White Lotus. You cannot talk enough about the food and the service at White Lotus. The staffs there were amazing and did everything to make our anniversary memorable which none of the other staffs did.
We also tried their spa which was very average. 4500 THB for a 90 minutes massage was not value for money. I tried the massage at their Bangkok property and it was awesome but in Krabi it was waste of my money.
They provide a free shuttle service to Aao Nang which was good and comfortable.
But overall other than White Lotus we were not very satisfied with the entire stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RahulKumar11

Bonjour 'RahulKumar11',

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.

Regarding the room upgrade, we have investigated with our Reservation team and we regret to inform you that the silver status that you are currently holding could not be entitled to the room upgrade. So our team advised you of the upgrade rate, which is normal practice if you are requesting a more expensive room category. However, we hope that you were pleased by a special room setup and treats for your anniversary, which we did as a gift from the hotel to help you celebrate your special occasion.

We acknowledged your comments regarding the hotel’s facilities condition and we would like to inform you that we are in the process of a soft refurbishment of all rooms. It is always a challenge to manage such refurbishments as we have to work around occupancy levels and try to minimize disruption to the guest experience.

We are sorry also to read that the service from our Ambassadors in some restaurants did not meet your expectations. Nevertheless, we were pleased to read that you appreciated the exceptional service in the White Lotus Restaurant. Rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with the whole team and will definitely motivate them to keep up the good work.

We hope that this experience will not impair your trust in Sofitel Krabi and we sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We spent lovely 7 days in Superior ground level room. Our room was located right next to the lift and the breakfast restaurant Maya. It was a bit noisy location at times when kids were running and screaming to have the breakfast with their families. I'm lucky to sleep heavily but this bothered my partner a few times.
The room was clean, spacious and well-maintained. You can see the scratches on the floor and a few minor things on the walls but that's just obvious anyway when the hotel isn't brand new.

The hotel staff couldn't do enough for you. We had a nice and relaxed check-in sitting on the sofas in the lobby and drinking our welcoming juices. We got our room an hour earlier than the usual check-in time and we were gladly surprised!
We spent a few pleasant evenings enjoying a couple of drinks at the Explorer bar. The staff was again so friendly and welcoming, especially Nicky with her warm nature. They arrange live music a couple of nights a week which is nice as well.

We ate two times at the Indian restaurant White lotus and twice in Venezia, the Italian restaurant. The first time we had Indian, we ordered Tikka Masala and vegetable curry. Tikka Masala was delicious and nicely spicy. Vegetable curry again - was a complete let down. It was supposed to be made out of seasonal fresh vegetables but they actually use frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrot). If I had known this I wouldn't have ordered the dish in the first place. We complained about the dish but nothing was done and we paid the full price even if we ended up not eating the dish. Since the restaurant charges you fine dining prices I would expect the staff to take action in these situations.
The second time we had the curry we had Lamb Rogan Josh and Chicken korma. The dishes didn't taste like Indian at all but were still very tasty! Not very spicy though, we forgot to mention about it when making the order.
The Italian restaurant is ok depending on your order. I had risotto and spinach ricotta spaghetti and they were great. On the contrary the lasagne was full of oil and cheese and not to our liking. The staff in the both restaurants were very sweet and friendly.

The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed (at least when it's not fully booked). We didn't have any problems getting sun lounges by the pool at any times during our holiday. We stayed between the 5th-12th of December and understood that it will be busier after this. Some people reserve the lounges for the whole day while actually just using them for an hour. This wasn't a problem now that it wasn't busy but I can imagine it to be a problem in a fully booked resort.
The pool itself is beautifully big and one of the reasons we decided to pick Sofitel as our destination. It won't let you down. The service at the pool was good and the Mango frappe was delicious.
I recommend trying the burger but leaving the calamari alone. The calamari is definitely NOT worth the money since you get only 4 squid rings for your 6 euros. That you could call a rinse off. Haha.

The Hong Island trip is and is not value for you money. It is nice to have semi-private boat with some personal space to breath in but then again the timing for the trip could be earlier, instead of 9.30. Some of the guests were 15 minutes late so we left closer to 10 o'clock.. Then again when leaving the Hong Island the same guests were helplessly late again - 30 minutes. Not the guide's fault. He was great and was clearly very stressed out when trying to find the other ignorant guests.

The last day just before leaving we needed help to print out some of our boarding passes and visas for our next part of the trip. The staff member named Ing spoke very good English and handled the whole situation perfectly. We got our prints and recommendation were to get a passport photos for the visa applications. Excellent service throughout the whole stay. Everyone had a smile on their face and even the gardener bowed and greeted everytime we walked past. I don't know what else this resort could do to make you happy.

I would come back here at any time. Thank you.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Poorit N, Guest Experience Manager at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Bonjour 'Mila L',

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra.

You have provided us with some very detailed and valuable feedback. Your constructive comments regarding the food experience in our restaurants have already been shared with our Executive Chef who will discuss with the team promptly. We were really sorry to read that some dishes let you down. Nevertheless, we were most delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and appreciated the friendliness of our Ambassadors during your recent visit. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.

Your kind words of praise have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Khun Nicky and Khun Ing who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent stay in Krabi. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another Sofitel experience.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved our 1 week stay here.
The hotel certainly has a 5* aura about it.
Upon arrival, our luggage was whipped away and the staff greeted us with a lovely juice and wet flannel to cool off.
Check in was done sitting comfortable in a lobby sofa - no waiting about at the desk.
A nice start.
We stayed in a superior room on the ground floor. It was large and very comfortable with everything you need in relation to bathing and convenience.
The cleaning was of an excellent standard daily.
The rooms themselves are of a Colonial style which can understandably be classed as a little dated, however, they still have a good feel about them.
The grounds and pool are extremely opulent and are indeed a pleasure to help you relax.

The food in the Venezia was plainly average I am afraid and expensive for the standard produced. A few small tweaks would help to change this.
The homemade Lasagne which has pride of place on the tasting menu was covered in oil. Upon eating this, it was apparent where the excess oil was from....that was the amount of cheese! It totally dominated the dish - I thought I was eating a nice mouthful of the pasta only to find it was a pure lump of Cheddar cheese .
The Duck Ragu pasta was ok but the sauce lacked substance and was watery.
The Scallops and Clam Risotto were very nice, so not all bad.

If I have one complaint about the food, it was the use of frozen mixed vegetables (peas,carrot and corn).
We ordered a Vegetable curry - advertised as “Fresh, Organic, Seasonal vegetables”.
It was far from that. One of the worst veg curries I have eaten. Not for the flavour of the sauce but for its contents of only the aforementioned frozen vegetables.
The same went for the Duck Ragu actually!
The Pool food was very good but more than 4 Calamari rings would be nice for £5.00 please!

On to the greatest Hotel asset- the staff!
Everybody on the team were extremely helpful and polite.

We took the trip to Hong Island on private speed boat which was a wonderful and highly suggested experience - I would suggest the hotel start the trip an hour earlier in order to beat the crowds, at least for a while!

Special thanks to the Pool staff and Nicky at the Explorer Bar (we will miss Happy Hour).
They really made us feel special with their super friendly nature and real interest in our wellbeing.
Keep up the good work guys.

Overall we had a superb stay here and would happily return for more of the same.

Dear our valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We acknowledged your comments regarding the food experience and rest assured that we have shared your feedback at length with our Executive Chef who will review with his team promptly.

On a positive note, we were most delighted to learn that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance from our Ambassadors and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to the pool team and Khun Nicky who made your stay a special one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.