US$293
Melia.com
US$148
US$108
Cancelon
Art Villa Dominicana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
17,156 results
All reviewsclub premiumla fuentesanta fe steakhousecoral seafoodfamily deluxesports barspanish restaurantfamily vacationjacuzzi on the balconylanguage barrierbeautiful resortseafood restaurantdinner reservationsocean frontmake reservationsa la carte restaurantsadult pool
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Clean inside and out from the main building to our rooms and the glorious stretches of beach, great staff and good food...we had a fabulous family vacation. We definitely recommend The Barcelo Bavaro Palace.

1  Thank sannaferguson
Javier C, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Receive a cordial greeting from Barceló Bávaro Palace, especially from our staff.

It is real pleasure to know that we were able to provide you a delightful stay and that all our grounds and activities were of your liking. At Barceló Hotels & Resorts our main goal is the total satisfaction of our valued guests.

We hope to welcome you soon in our little Caribbean Paradise and offer you another memorable and beautiful vacation.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Good quality of food, excelente location, prestative employees. Such a good option to relax with your family! Many options of water activities such as stand up paddle, kayaking, sailing, with an incredible view of a diamond blue caribbean ocean.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Javier C, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this nice comment on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you had in our resort you a great vacation. It is a pleasure for us to know that we were able to provide you a delightful stay with us. We are glad that the infrastructure, facilities, our concept food were to your liking.

We especially appreciate your positive comments because comments like yours are what motivate us as a team every day to improve the quality of service we offer in order to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests. Thanks so much for highlight the service level of our coworkers; We are aware that the friendliness and service level provided to our value customer is hallmark of quality and guarantee of our family Barceló Hotels & Resorts.

We will be waiting for you with open arms, in our paradise of turquoise waters and white sands.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Barcelo Bavaro is a massive resort. They have beautiful pools and many bars, but be warned if you are going around spring break time there are many high school and college age students who venture here for their break. The pool bar gets rowdy, particularly on the nice days and the party continues into the night. If you don't want to be around them there is plenty of space to avoid the kids, but there are not nearly enough pool chairs so you may have to go hunting for them. Overall, there is lots to do for all age groups and a this place knows how to have a good time.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Barceló Bávaro Palace. We appreciate the time you have taken to share this kind comment about your vacation with us.

It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. At Barceló Hotels & Resorts we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

We hope that when returning to the Dominican Republic, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Clean rooms, nice beach, but issues with tainted drinks and poor dinner reservation system. Every resturant was booked on our first day 3-4 days out had to fight just to get something on our last day. Very poor system. Two different drink issues for a family of 4 that only had a few throughout the day. Very disappointing.

1  Thank rfossey33

Dear Guest,

Please, accept our sincere apologies for the situations that affected you while vacationing with us. We are sorry for the lack of customer service perceived from some of our staff members. We regret that we were not able to fulfill your expectations 100% and we lament any difficulties you may have experienced.

We try to create a great working ambience for all our staff members and visitors; this is very disconcerting because we strive for consistency and excellence with regards to our service levels.

Please be assured that we will never cease in our efforts to achieve the total satisfaction of our guest.
Once again, thanks for share with us your observations; we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you near future and show you our commitment to excellence service and guests’ satisfaction.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This was my 8 time visiting the Barceló Bavaro palace or the new name Barceló Bavaro Grand Resorts, I stay this time for a whole month and trust me the improve everything every year I go, and the really care about the tourist, I love the rooms, the restaurant, the staff. This time a have a struggle with Mother Nature because some days look awesome but other was a super stormy day but despite that I enjoyed everything. My typical day in the resort is this I woke up at 7 and I walk the entire resort and change from asphalt to sand and made about 16 or 18miles so I returned to my room take a shower and go straight to the buffet ( I love both of the buffet but my preferred is the Bohío Dominicano) because I have long time going I know a lot of the staff everywhere but in this buffet is Leonardo Pimentel is one of the waiter ( I know him from 6 year ago) is a super excellent person and really kind always take care of us, the staff in the restaurants are super friendly and always have a smile for you the food is great so I finish my breakfast and go to the beach and return to my beautiful room in building number 5 and I prepare to go to one of the 7 restaurants and enjoy a excellent dinner ( the stake house and Japanese are my favorite) a quick tip if you go to the resort in March or finishing March and starting April remember in some countries is spring break and holly week and the resort is all booked from tourist and locals so the reservation for the restaurants are crowded in early hours and probably your dinner could be at 10 pm instead of 7:30 pm and is the same tip for book your room.
If my dinner reservations is earlier when I finish I go to the cigars shop La Hamaca and smoke a good Dominican hand made cigar ( remember you’re not in your country an some of the prices look very high but you’re in a 5 stars hotel and Punta Cana is a tourist area so it will be more expensive than your home country) I know this store when was in the plaza Dominicana about 8 years ago and they have the best cigars and brands, they made my own cigars, so I go to the theater and enjoy one of the shows ( they have one different every night) they have a bar in there! If you want to enjoy something else you can book a excursion or a tour with the people of vacaciones Barceló I made all the tours and excursions ( my favorite is Bavaro runners) in a few words this is my favorite place for beach vacation and I love this place!! I want to thanks the staff of premium level (except for this guy with glasses was very rude with my mom for making a question) and Ms. Sara Ulloa for taking care of us every year, and to Leonardo Pimentel and Carolina Barett in the bohío Dominicano! Thanks for everything and see you soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank alfrexs

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate that you share your positive experience in regards to your stay in our Barceló Bávaro Palace in the TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for your valued time to make this review since the opinion of our guests is very important and assistance to us.

We really appreciated your impressions in regards to our grounds and landscape, it is truly a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you appreciated the hard work and commitment of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal and provide you a delightful stay.

We hope to welcome you soon in our little Caribbean paradise to repeat your positive experience. Thank for your recommendation!!

Best Regards,