7,562 results
All reviews punta cana la marimba lobby bar star rock cafe steak dominican republic seafood star friends specialty restaurants the oriental restaurant guest services apple vacations make reservations saona island junior suite entertainment staff evening shows
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This was an outstanding experience with only two minor negatives. Our check in and check out experiences were a little frustrating. At check in we had to wait at least 30 minutes to get our room with no communication. Finally we figured out that our room was not yet cleaned and that was the delay. A little communication would have allowed us to sit at the bar and enjoy a drink while we waited. At checkout it was a little confusing with the bell hop and the ticket for your luggage. However, this was minor.

On the positive side. The staff was outstanding. We were very impressed with how well the bar tenders, wait staff, house keeping and beach staff remembered us and interacted. It definitely added to the experience. The shows and entertainment were good and everything was very clean. The food selection, quality and availability was also very good. We did reservations at the Oriental, Mexican, Steakhouse and French restaurants. Our favorite was the French restaurant (La Sibila). An excellent, four course, romantic meal complete with a rose for the lady and ceranading at the table. We would recommend Iberostar Punta Cana to anyone.

Couple of tips: we liked the Bohemian Light beer in our mini bar in our room. Didn't find it at any of the bars. We tipped our house keeper to put extra stock in the mini bar and enjoyed sitting on our pool side patio each evening. Bring an insulated mug for the beach to minimize trips to the bar and to keep the sand out of your drink. Go out early to throw out your towels to save lounges. If you wait you'll either not get some shade your you'll be way away for the ocean or both. Reserve your restaurant choices right away but don't worry because the buffet selections were very good as well.

Room tip: We were first level poolside and liked our room very much.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ted S
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana for your holidays and for sharing your experience with us and the Tripadvisor online community.
We are very pleased to acknowledge that your holiday was memorable despite the inconveniences when dealing with our Front Desk team. In Iberostar we aim to provide the best service so our guests can “enjoy being a Star” as you felt whilst your visit to our premises.
We will be glad to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior your next visit.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

This was our second trip here, and I must say that just about everthing was perfect. People and service were always great. Now the bad. At the airport I noticed I left my Ipad in my room. I called immediately to the hotel and the girl in Guest Services said she would look in the room and that I should call back in 10 minutes. After several calls, I realized that it was hopeless. I left my phone number and they were to call back.. never happened. No responces to my emails. Called several times from the States, no one would ever pick up phone in Guest Services. Apple Vacations is now trying to help. I find it hard to beleive that a Hotel of this class can be so unresponsive to problems. Our group are planning another trip next year. This resort will not be included.

3  Thank JohnT94524

Dear guest,
In the name of the hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana once again as your holiday’s destination and for posting a review about your second experience among us.
We regret to hear that although your stay was excellent, you decide not to come back for the delay in the response of your petition. As our record shows, we have investigated with our Housekeeping manager if anything was left in the room upon your check out and gave the appropriated answered not only by mail, by phone but also to your representative and travel agency. We apologize for the inconveniences as our Guest Service goal is to manage appropriately problems in the shorter period of time.
We remain at your entire disposition.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed here for Christmas and new year with my husband and 2 teenage children. We all had just the best time. This hotel is spotless everywhere, service excellent, great entertainment team, immaculate grounds and gardens and great food. All staff go to great effort to make your time there wonderful. The Christmas and new year gala dinners were stunning, the hotel went to great lengths to make the evenings special. They also put on a fantastic New Years party, again I cannot express the time and hard work that was put into it to make it special. Well done Iberostar Punta Cana for getting it just perfect.

That is all except the gym.
I did not want to spoil this review but feel It had to be mentioned. It was old, lots of the equipment was out of order or did not work properly, so it was hard to actually get on anything. If you like using the gym on holiday you will be disappointed, the gym 1/10 Everything else 10/10.

Despite the gym we all had the most fantastic holiday and would highly recommend to anyone of all ages. We travelled with first choice which was also very good, as was their rep Raphael, a big well done, a holiday to remember.

Room tip: We had pool view room and feel it was the best. No complaints what so ever.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Kay C
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Iberostar Punta Cana. In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we also thank you for choosing our premises to enjoy your Christmas and New Year’s vacation.
It is a satisfaction for the whole to acknowledge that our hotel premises, gastronomy and services could ensure you a memorable stay during that special period of the year. In Iberostar two of our guiding principles are to provide the best service through a high qualified team and to offer an international cuisine. We are very pleased to know your positive valuation in both areas.
We will be glad to welcome you back again, do nothesitateto contact us to help you enjoy your next visit.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was our second visit to the Iberostar Punta Cana and we enjoyed it just as much as our first. The other couple that traveled with us had a wonderful week as well. The staff, as always, and we find this at every Iberostar we visit, was attentive, friendly and so much fun! The buffet restaurants have every type of food you can imagine and the beach restaurants during the day are just as good. Specialty restaurants are superb and I would suggest the steak restaurant. Make your reservations early so you can relax the rest of your vacation. Rooms are clean and maid service very efficient. Bavaro beach is one of the most beautiful beaches we have been to and we have visited many of the Caribbean islands. If you love to walk the beach, this is the beach for you! The resort is very safe at night with ample security. Be sure to visit the disco for a cardio workout after all the eating and drinking during the day! Entertainment was fair; we found the band and local talent at the Punta Cana resort more fun than the nightly shows on the Dominicana side of the resort. We did the Saona Island excursion this trip and it was a great time. Beware that it is a full day 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. but worth it! As far as shops, visit the little street of shops on the Dominicana side and also the beach vendors to the right of the Dominicana (also a nice walk on the beach). Caribbean Street, to the left of the Punta Cana side is also a great place to shop. Whether you are looking for a relaxing, low-key or activity-filled vacation, you can't go wrong at the Iberostar Punta Cana or Dominicana! I'm sure we will visit many more times in the years to come.

Room tip: We were on the 3rd floor and at the end of the hall and it was very quiet. There is an elevator, but we chose the stairs for exercise. Our building was mid-way between the beach and the main lobby/buffet/entertainment so it was a great location.
1  Thank Michelle P
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar Punta Cana as your holiday’s destination and for taking the time to post a review about your second experience with us.
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos and the whole team, we would like to express you our satisfaction to acknowledge that our friendly staff, our international cuisine, our daily and nightly entertainment options and our beautiful premises have ensured you another unforgettable experience as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We will be glad to welcome you back and remain at your disposition for any assistance prior your arrival.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

My first trip to the DR and I it was more than I could have ever expected!! Let me first say I was in the company of "Gina" and "The Zumba Grupo" which made our trip even more special. Our greeting was fabulous complete with coconut drinks and music. Dancing followed which was pretty much expected. Check in was a dream and so easy. Rooms were the cleanest I have ever seen and the beds were stripped and remade daily!! My room was beautiful with a beach view (yes I could see the ocean) and right by the pools. The ocean was beautiful, warm, and the beach was clean!! The pool was wonderfully refreshing!! The food was delightful and even if I would have liked a bit more spice, I was able to zing things up with peppers and such on my own. The Entertainment Staff was PHENOMENAL!!! Made fast friends with Maria, Popeye, and Emilio (who promised to Love Me For Free ... actually he says that to everyone!) It was nice to feel so welcomed by people as if I were friends with them for years!! The shows were fantastic and I was so impressed by the talent at the resort!! I didn't spend as much time at the night club but that because I was afraid I would miss something during the day so I never really napped. Next year, I will schedule those naps! The Spa was wonderful .. my husband had a massage and wanted to take the masseuse with him and I had a facial, probably the best one I have ever had! When I left, I cried ... and I don't mean figuratively, I mean really cried!! I wanted the time to go on and on and on!! Will be back next January!!! Love your resort ... Love your staff ... and Love your country!!!

2  Thank Julie L
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for promoting Zumba. In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, hotel Manager, we also thank you for publishing your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased to acknowledge your memorable experience at Iberostar Punta Cana. Our whole team is motivating by your lines referring their excellent work in all different areas of our hotel premises. In Iberostar we aim to ensured unforgettable holidays to our valuable “stars” on vacation. We have congratulated Maria, Popeye and Emilio
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for further assistance previous your next visit.