Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Franky-Travels
Eindhoven

Would highly recommend for a stay in nortner Sumatra

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Sept 2014
I stayed in Lhoknga Riverside Resort for 4 nights at the beginning of September 2014, after hearing positive feedback from a fellow traveler that I've met earlier on my journey through Sumatra. The place is spacious, has a beautiful garden, is situated right next to a river and is close to the beach. The bungalows are nice, clean and the place is very well kept. There is a kite-surfing school that's being run from this place, by a friendly french guy. Surfing is also available - boards are rented out here if you don't have your own. The best thing about this place though is the guy who owns it - Sam. One of the nicest and most helpful guys I've met on my trip and he also speaks English very well. When I came back from Pulau Way I had to build a new plan because my original plan to go to Simeulue didn't work out. Everybody helped out organizing the best alternative. I have to say thank you again for this and can highly recommend this place to anyone who is traveling through northern sumatra. Wether you want to do some (kite)-surfing or just relax and drive around on your scooter, this is the place to go.
Date of stay: September 2014
Restaurant
Yudis place chill zone
1.0 km from Lhoknga Riverside Resort
View more hotels in Lhonga
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here at the beginning and at the end of our 2 months trip around Indonesia and it was one of the best places we have stayed at. Very relaxed atmosphere with perfect service. Next to kiting you can just hag around in the garden, go SUP on the river into the jungle, visit waterfall, go for a swim in the river etc. During our stay we also went few days to Pulau Weh for diving. We could leave our stuff in the Kitecamp and had our room ready when we returned. However the most value was in all the advice and help we got from Sam, Cicik, Alice and Reggis. They helped us to sort out a local simcard, adviced on the best way for visiting Pulau Weh, took us for great restaurants and different sites. If you are there definitely ask Cicik to cook her Soto Ayam, it was the best we had in Indonesia ;)

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at Lhoknga Riverside resort to go kiting with Aceh Kite Camp. The place is absolutely gorgeous : beautiful bungalows in the middle of a big and peaceful garden. Very well decorated and maintained, with a balcony and a hammock. Beside of being very yummy, breakfast and lunch are served on the riverside, which is very enjoyable. Sami and his wife are very welcoming. Amazing place, especially for that price range !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 10 days, to do some kitesurfing with the Aceh kitecamp who is located in the resort! Sam and Cici, the couple of owners, are just the best Indonesian couple, so friendly, happy to help you for everything you need and to have a chat whenever you want, because they speak good English. The standard room I stayed in, was really clean, and confortable with a hammock outside of my room. The resort is in a big green space, along a nice river, where you can do some stand up paddleboard. It's situated at 20min from the city by scooter and only few minutes from the beach. The local food cooked by Cici is delicious, and the chocolate-banana pancake for breakfast amazing. Regis the kitesurfing instructor, lead you in the right spot to kite or surf and can give you some kitesurfing lessons if you want to learn. While Alice make you feel like at home in 2min and organise everything you need, scooter, taxi, shuttle, dinner,...
I recommend to everyone to go there to have an amazing Indonesian experience in Bandah Aceh!
Terima kasih Sam, Cici, Alice, Régis and all the team!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Absolutely loved this resort. We stayed for a few days before hiring a scooter from the owners to go to Pulau Weh Island for some of the best diving we've ever done. We then came back to Kitecamp for a couple of days kiting. Loved everything about this place, the cute Bungalows, self contained and super clean. The food was amazing and cooked by Sams wife, she could be a masterchef, seriously! This place is close to the beach and about 30 min scooter ride away from the waterfalls which were also beautiful to visit on a day you weren't kitesurfing. Highly recommend if you want to learn o kite, but if your partner kites and you don't, like me, there was still so much fun to be had, scooter practise around the gardens and scooter rides through the most beautiful landscape, you would never believe the tsunami was ever there, they have some of the best roads I've ever seen for Indonesia! Safe and really well priced, loved everything, the people, food, warm water, beautiful bungalow and the fact it's just off the beaten track to be private and non touristy. Can't wait to go back! Thanks Sam, Chi Chi, Alice and Regis! xo

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent a wonderful 2 week holiday at the resort over New Year's Eve. Our bungalow had everything we needed and more. My favorite part of the day was waking up and enjoying coffee in the hammock outside surrounded by flowers. The scenery is breath taking at the resort and all along the coastline. Sam, Maha, Regis and Alice do a wonderful job running the resort. It was a pleasure to get to know them and we even spent NYE celebrating at the resort. They went out of their way to make our stay as fun, memorable and comfortable as possible. Alice made sure that I was always enjoying myself while my boyfriend was off surfing, even taking me on a bike ride to a beautiful beach up the coast. Can't wait to return!

Date of stay: January 2014