All reviews chicken steak attention to detail white river trout pjs
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

I knew of PJ's and it came highly recommended but I was very disappointed. There are some great aspects but also some things unacceptable. First the good stuff. The owners and staff are wonderful. Great hospitality. The restaurant food quality and presentation were both incredible. And the river view/setting is great too. Now the bad stuff. The room is ultra small. Ok for one person but cramped for 2. The floors creak loudly. The shower so little that the shower head was at my chin (I'm 6'2"). Worst of all are the paper-thin walls. We could easily hear the voices and snoring of the guys next to our room. And when their drinking and loudness was going on at 2am, not much sleep in our room. Also there was no microwave or little fridge. And the toilet paper was cheapo brand. You can get equal or better quality at economy hotels. There are plenty of better accommodations up and down the White river. One bad thing about the restaurant - it is understaffed. Took us 1 hour to get our food on Friday night.

If I rated the restaurant separately I'd give it a 4, but the lodge only a 2.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016

My wife and I were there for 6 days. Very beautiful setting. Relaxing and quiet. The owners are very attentive to every detail. The food is top notch - white linen tables with great steaks, salmon, quail, and chicken. Nice bar with a great bartender (Jimmy and Charlie both!). The river is wide and full of trout. We boated about 10 miles and had a great day. The Blanchard Springs Caverns nearby were beyond spectacular. Excellent tour guides. All in all a 10+ experience. The guests we talked to on the wide deck facing the river expressed the same level of appreciation. The rooms are clean, cozy, and air-conditioned.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank skaats
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We visited PJS for a light dinner after driving to the area for trout fishing. It did not sisappoint. I especially enjoyed my shrimp appetizer. We have been her before and this visit did not disappoint. Hubby would have liked to have a hamburger option.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We spent the weekend at this small family-run fishing lodge, and really enjoyed it. The owners were friendly and helpful, and the location was wonderful. We ate at the restaurant two of the nights we were there, and the food was great. The view was gorgeous, but they were closed on Sunday. If you will be there on a Sunday night, make sure you have other plans for dinner. The breakfast basket they provided was nice. It included a good mix of snacks, breakfast items, and drinks. It was perfect for a day of fishing because we were able to grab a few things to take with us on the water. Overall, we had a great time, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Wonderful 1st class service! Been coming w/family and now solo for over 25 years. Upgraded several years ago--yummy beds and amenities. Super friendly, a family enterprise! Cahill room #9 is my go-to deluxe nest. As a single, you are not treated as an oddity.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo