Americas Best Value Inn - Smackover
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Dorado Inn(El Dorado)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We were told 2 nights in a row that there were NO extra towels in the entire hotel. With 5 people in our room, we were given only 2 towels. The first night the hotel was kind of busy, so we sort of excused it, even though the employee didn't even get out of her chair to look in the back. The second night, when I mentioned how much emptier the parking lot was, I was told they had 31 rooms rented. How does a hotel with over 50 rooms, not have enough towels for even 30 guests?! It was very frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Smells like weed smoked out and housekeeper rushes you out so they can clean they are not worried about the customer they just want to get in there and do there job. Will never visit again and my husband seconds this!!!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this property since 2013. Used to be days inn. Then it was a superb hotel. About two years ago ownership changed and it shows badly. We stay three times a year for various local events. Each of the past two years the quality had decreased. The attached towels and sheets were in our room on our bed. When I spoke with the GM about it his words were those were suppose to go in a workers room referring to long stay room. I was floored. Why would a hotel use these items in any room. When house keeping fails and when management does not care and owners do not reinvest in basics like sheets or towels.... no more me. Stay away. Going down hill like a mud slude.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Raymond L
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Traveled here on business in late September 2016. I typically do not complain but this had to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Check in went smooth, but downhill from there. Imagine a 2 story building with NO ELEVATOR- Yep, and 70+ year old ladies lugging up a week's worth of close of a flight of stairs... The ownership of this location either lives oversees or clearly doesn't care. It's completely clear that there is no management checking the rooms- 1st night, no soap, no shampoo. One of the towels folded neatly was so filthy dirty. The lamp shade completely tatered
, the other lamp shade missing the switch and not working. I peeled back the comforter to find urine stains! I completely removed it and placed it in front of the door so housekeeping could exchange the next day when cleaning- guess where I found it when I returned from work? You guessed it, back in my room! The blanket under that comforter was stained, with cigarette holes. The next morning went to make coffee only to have to drink out of a plastic water cup???? I went to iron my clothes- No irons or boards in any of the rooms. I went to call down to the front desk, no phone. So I walked all the way down only to get a mini ironing board that you have to put on top of a table to iron. I mentioned to the front desk that there was no phone in my room- that was never replaced during my stay. Please do the American people a favor and remove the "AMERICAS" part from your name- this was and absolute embarssment and the ownership should be ashamed! The Hotel Chain needs to re-evaluate this location...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Caribe07
Reviewed 29 October 2015

For many years I have avoided this chain of hotels because I had a really bad experience at one in Utah. However, this was one of the few hotels that was available in this area the night I needed one. I am glad because it has changed my opinion for the better. I will no longer be afraid to stay at this chain of hotels. IT IS NOT a luxury hotel, but it was a clean and comfortable hotel for a person on a budget. Staff was friendly and free breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo