“Rude and rubbish”

Fellbites Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Glenridding
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fellbites cafe restaurant is situated in the centre of Glenridding serving hot and cold snacks, yummy cakes, scones, tea and coffee throughout the day. From Friday to Tuesday an evening menu is available serving locally sourced produce.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

So my husband and I visited this cafe a few weeks ago when it was freezing and we had all that snow and despite the fact that there was a wood burning stove inside it was NOT on and we both felt it was cold never the less we ordered food I ordered a bacon sandwich and my husband ordered a fish finger sandwich ,the lady came across with the food and I said to her is it cold in here and she replied quite abruptly NO ...so I said well I think it's cold and she sarcastically replied "it's an old building you know" so I just left it at that but thought how rude she was more the way she spoke than what she said ...on starting the food I noticed straight away that the bread seemed to have been defrosted,it was freezing cold and hard verging on stale the bacon was ok but it had copious amounts of margerine on it as the bread was so cold it hadn't been melted by the bacon...needless to say we will not be gracing this particular venue again with our company nor will we be troubling the staff to provide any heat (or manners).

3  Thank alwat2012

Reviewed 29 March 2018

good choice of snacks well cooked and presented, the fish finger sandwich especially. a good mix of families, couples and walking groups. well behaved children and dogs welcome.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Four of us had a family meal here at the weekend - we've been here several times before - and the food's as good as ever and the service as friendly. Two of us opted for the falafel burgers which were delicious, served attractively in a brioche bun with the usual trimmings; one had a side salad as well which was large, attractive and really tasty. And the two meat eaters were equally happy with their mains too. There's a decent wine list, some good specials, a thunder and lightning ice cream option for my dessert which my mum particularly liked, prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere's appealing too. A great little place and one we'll keep coming back to.

1  Thank amdgriggs
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We went today for coffee and cakes and we we pleasantly surprised with how lovely the scones were! Lovely interior and the toilets were nicely decorated too. We will 100% be coming back again whether it’s for more coffee or to try the lunches or dinners

1  Thank Elodie P
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

A lovely lunch time stop. A great choice of warm sandwiches, soups and mains. The chips were the best I had all week and I can recommend the BBQ pulled pork flat bread. Dog friendly.