Inn on the Lake
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Grasmere Hotel(Grasmere)
1,800 results
All reviewsramblers barfell view roomstunning locationafternoon teasconeswedding partywedding breakfastchristmas decorationsthe general managersteamersevery member of stafffeature roomhigh standardfantastic hotelvisited this hotelfantastic viewsmain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting, I stayed there for two nights, The room was lovely,clean with everything you need ,I asked for help in putting a twin room bed for my son, this was done straight away, The staff were very polite and helpful, Also they were willing to help out in a dog minding service ..free of charge, The food was very tasteful. Loved the jacuzzi , The only thing i would say low lightening was a little problem in some areas, and not all bathrooms had grab rails for my mam in the room for the first night, but the second room she had one, The staff are excellant and the two girls behind the reception who i spoke to were outstanding , A big thank you to them,

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay M
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Kay M

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted you enjoyed your 2 night stay and had a wonderful day at the wedding. I will let housekeeping and reception know of your lovely comments as I know they will be delighted with the feedback.
We do hope you choose to stay again at some point but until then let us wish you and your family all the very best and safe travels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Helpful staff from check-in to check-out. Wonderful place to relax with lots of comfortable places in the Hotel to sit and watch the world go by. Attentive staff to serve drinks and food. At both breakfast and dinner your meals are served to you what a pleasure and all at a steady pace. Try get a lake view room spectacular looking at the lake and mountains. A bus stop across from hotel to both Penrith and Windermere if you wish to leave the car as well as the Ullswater steamers terminal 10 mins .

Room Tip: Lake view rooms and a table in the main dining room, the one next to it not as cosy
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clive V

Dear Clive V
Thank you for taking time to write such a lovely review on this site. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and thought all aspects of your stay were wonderful. I will certainly pass on your very kind review to all my team who really enjoy reading the feedback.
I do hope you choose to stay with us or pop in for a cup of tea at some point but until then let us wish you all the very best and safe travels, hopefully see you again very soon.
Kind regrds

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We selected this hotel because it was dog friendly and wanted a luxury break. We were delighted in all aspects of our stay There was a problem with the heating in our room when we arrived and we were promptly moved to a different room, the food was outstanding and the very high staff ratio's and service attitude from all the staff ensured we enjoyed an outstanding experience. The hotel provide dog bedding and bowls, and also certain rooms in the hotel were off limits for dogs so we felt everything was well managed for everyone's comfort. The gym / spa facilities are rather limited and the only negative point in our whole stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MoretonBoy

Dear MortenBoy

Thank you for your very kind review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us . I do hope you choose to visit us again in the not too distant future but until then let us wish you all the very best and safe travels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our second stay at The Inn on the Lake. We love the setting and location. We had another room overlooking the gardens and lake this time with a balcony. Last stay we found the room we had very comfy sadly this time the bed and pillows were so very hard and did not suit my wife or I at all. We managed to get the pillows changed for the second night but obviously the bed remained too hard resulting in back ache for both of us. All the staff are very helpful and attentive. The food is very good. The stables bar has had a makeover and looks really good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear PH&LH

Thank you for your very kind review. We are delighted you once again enjoyed your time with us. Im sorry you found the bed a little uncomfortable, I promise I will look in to it for you. I will pass on your lovely positive comments to all departments who take a great deal of pride in the service we offer, I know they will enjoy reading the feedback.
We hope to see you again but until then let us wish you safe travels and all the very best.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked our wedding at the Inn on the lake a little over 12 months ago as the location is one I fell in love with some time ago. We met the wedding coordinator (Gary) in February last year and can honestly say the service and personal touch provided has been second to none.

We married on the 22nd March 2018 and can honestly say each and every wedding coordinator involved is a credit to the hotel and made sure the day went without a hitch. We genuinely cannot thank them enough.

The staff in the hotel were very pleasant and helpful and looked after our every need. They even arranged for us to all sit together and eat the night after the wedding.

The wedding itself was perfect, the food was perfect, and the day so well coordinated.
The rooms were spacious, immaculate and the views were amazing looking right over the gardens and the lake. One minor comment is that the showers are not as powerful as I would have liked but still fine all the same.

We have stayed here a couple of times now and spend quite a bit of time on the lake. It is one of my favourite destinations and will always be a meaningful place to visit thanks to everyone at the hotel.

Andrew Murphy

Room Tip: Lake view room are amazing
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear murphyandrew23

Thank you for taking time to post such a lovely review on trip advisor, We are delighted you had the day of your dreams. It was a pleasure to host your wedding and I really enjoyed meeting your family and friends.
I do hope you revisit us again but until then let all of us here at the Inn wish you all the future happiness .