Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mohd Razee S
Kajang, Malaysia

I love this place!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jul 2018via mobile
Apparently this is a relatively nee Hotel in the Selayang/Batu Cave area and I was impressed even at first experience.

The Reception desk was very friendly and exuded such warmth and friendliness, heck, he actually looked slightly sad that I was leaving after a night's stay.

The Hotel is easily found, just after the Stadium, basically several floors of converted shoplots converted into a business traveller focused establishment. This is not to suggest that it appears spartan or overly masculine, they do have splashes of character abound at different points throughout the place. I love the gilded betta fish sculpture at the Reception desk especially! So, while the overall hotel offers a sedate calming vibe, be ready for surprises at different spots in the building.

The rooms were well appointed despite it being cosy, with full washroom amenities, coffee & tea making set, mini fridge, and even a sejadah. The water supply and pressure was good and afforded a restorative warm shower after a long day.

My bed was firm and the poofy pillows were a god-send- thick and chunky without being hard. Makes for a good head rest and replacement cuddle buddy. :)

Good to find also was the fact that they feature wall plugs (240v of course) with USB socket. Great for people who always forget their phone chargers at the office, like me, everytime. Their TV also has a usb point, great to charge a back-up device on, or for playing media off your own collection to help kill the time in the room.

The meeting room at Ground Floor was well appointed, to the point of having sound deadening pads installed within the walls, thus affording some extra level of privacy to the users.

Across from the Meeting Room, right over their open air nook, I found their Restaurant. The Art Nest Cafe serves an amalgamation or fusion of local delights and international tastes. Be ready to enjoy their selection of treats. I had a whole lot over the period of my stay there. Worthy of note was their Kalasan Chicken Burger. The Remoulade sauce served with the chunky fries is oh, dipping heaven yummy! Then I had their Salted Caramel Cake, which came with a warm upturned mug-cake, slopped with gobs of salted caramel sauce, a globe of Vanilla Ice Cream on the side. The warm, salty, sweet and cold ice cream was further juxtaposed by a sprinkle of Oreo sand. Sticky, gooey, cake-y, cooling, and cruncy textures came in turns. Syiok ohhh! About a half hour later, I ordered their rendition of Poutine, but the star of the night was definitely the Dessert. Ordered several more things the next day too. ;P

The next day, I tried their coffee and ordered a Red Eye - Americano, with an extra shot of Espresso. This was noteworthy, smooth, bracing yet only lightly acid with a heady aroma and medium body depth. Good for pick me ups, as it was particularly smooth.

All in all, I would strongly recommend this Hotel to anyone finding themselves in the vicinity. Nice place, quiet, comfy, cozy and populated with touches of character and such warm personnel. And a great restaurant literally next door (owned by them too).

What is there to hate right?

Date of stay: July 2018
No booking fees
  • Vio.com
5.6 km from RHR Hotel @ Selayang
View more hotels in Batu Caves
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I went there in Ramadan with my daughter to have our iftar. The place is new, bright, clean and cosy. The staffs were attentive and helpful. The foods were delicious. The prayer room was clean and cosy. Thumbs up to you!

Date of stay: June 2018