All reviewspine martinthe cottageslive tvrare breedonce a yearstunning viewsthe ritzllamasottersgoatsaccommodationdoglochmartinswoodpeckerspaddockhighlands
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

From our home to Craig Farm is a 9 hour drive on a good day so it has to be special to even consider returning. If you can find a better view from your kitchen please tell me. If you can see Otters, Llamas, woodpeckers, seals and goats on your doorstep shout at me. This place isn't the Ritz. It's a proper country cottage, semi detached, on the tidal shore of a loch. Unkind would say it's tired. Generous would say it's characterful. It's somewhere between. If you or your kids need wifi, TV, or even a phone signal or G of any kind then don't go. If, however, you want peace, tranquility, an air quality second to none and a complete retreat from modern life then it's a must. There are faults but the location and outlook outweigh all of these.
Everywhere is a drive although the walk to beautiful Plockton and back is not too challenging and interesting.
We live in an area most would envy. We envy this place.
Trains pass 3 times a day and sound a warning but last train is 8.10pm, the pine marten poo on the rails to show their disgust
Go. Leave your OCD sensibilities behind. Sleep proper sleeps, see skies like no other and enjoy rare wildlife on your doorstep. We will.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor K
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I have stayed at this farm every year from the age of 2 (the last 20 years). It is without a doubt the best holiday I have ever had! The scenery is breath-taking, far superior to any holiday abroad I have been on. The owners are amazing people and are happy to help in any way. If you are looking for adventure or relaxation, this is the best place for both. Wildlife is also an advantage with otters, seals, rare birds, pine martins regularly in sight from the beach.
It is fantastic for children who like to explore and build. When I was a child, myself and my friend (boyfriend now) collected wood and rope and built the swing which can still be seen down on the beach. We also built teepees, made fires and caught fish and crabs from the rocks on the beach.
Amenities and supplies are basic with no wifi, live TV or phone signal but this adds to the character of the place. I will continue to stay on the farm for years to come, it is one of the most magnificent places you could ever wish to visit.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Stayed in both the beach cottages we had a great time Patti and family was very welcoming, loved the animals and got to hand feed a Racoon !! stunning views enjoyed seeing the pine martin every night we will defiantly book again.

Room Tip: Amazing views
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terinaxcorners
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Stunning location and great place to explore this part of Scotland. The accommodation is comfortable if a little tired and in need of updating. Great unique place with all the animals and helpful friendly owners.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie H
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Plenty of room and space. Views where fabulous and great prices too. Only problem was bedroom was rather dusty and damp but once heater was on for an hour and clothes felt damp in wardrobe so my best advice is put clothes on heater over night and nice warm when put them on.

Room Tip: Beautiful views
Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple