“Fantastic Food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This is a great place to dine. The fresh sushi and salmon are the best I have had in Bakersfield.The Bento Box teriyaki chicken and gyoza are my favorites. I also enjoy the hibachi dinners. My friends especially enjoy the sushi, always freshly made . Open for lunch and dinner.

There are newer reviews for tokyo garden

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. Not one of them gave the reviews it deserved. We have eaten sushi in many cities across the states - some good, some not. But this place is hands down the best. The edamame tasted as if they were just picked. They wee served "al dente", hot, and salted just right. The miso soup was perfect. We had a Rainbow Roll, California Roll, Tuna and Avocado Roll (the tuna was prepared 'tartare'), and something new for us. A Fire and Love roll. It was served in tin foil, on a plate with flames. OMG - the most delish! You must try this.

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Our 9 year old grandson asked for teppanyaki for dinner. The chef was so entertaining and the food was superb! We had chicken and steak. Other guests at the table said it was the best lobster ever. The chef also prepared a butter for the lobster which was described as superb!
Make reservations for a table and enjoy a wonderful evening!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

My family and I are from NC and i guess we are used to the fabulous Kanki Japanese steakhouse here. We were visiting my husbands family and they recommend this place. I thought this was going to be the greatest food ever from the way they spoke about it. The soup had a funny taste and my hibachi chicken was not good at all. I did not finish my meal nor did I take it home.

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

We met up with another couple we like to go out with for some Teppanyaki, something that was a change of pace. I really enjoyed it. The second you walk into Tokyo Garden you encounter a very beautiful koi pond. My step-daughters really got a kick out of the fish. Our chef was awesome! If you can request someone, ask for Ray, he was super sociable and good with all the kids we had, and was able to make special requests for one of the individuals in our party. I had the chicken and lobster and i loved it! Also get the plum wine, i can ever get enough of it! I enjoyed having dinner here and am coming here again!