“Fabulous Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed 24 December 2016

This time we sat at the Teppanyaki Table witch was a lot of fun. The guy cooking right in front of you and entertainment with the tossing of the rice bowls and other things. Our 8 year old grand daughter couldn't take her eyes off of him, she was just so entertained. We had steak and scallops, excellent and teriyaki chicken, very good too. Our son-in-law ordered some kind of roll, wish I had gotten the name, but it was to die for. I know it cost $15.00 and had this great sauce on it. Going back next Friday night will get the name of it because we are going to have it again.

There are newer reviews for tokyo garden

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This is a great place to dine. The fresh sushi and salmon are the best I have had in Bakersfield.The Bento Box teriyaki chicken and gyoza are my favorites. I also enjoy the hibachi dinners. My friends especially enjoy the sushi, always freshly made . Open for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. Not one of them gave the reviews it deserved. We have eaten sushi in many cities across the states - some good, some not. But this place is hands down the best. The edamame tasted as if they were just picked. They wee served "al dente", hot, and salted just right. The miso soup was perfect. We had a Rainbow Roll, California Roll, Tuna and Avocado Roll (the tuna was prepared 'tartare'), and something new for us. A Fire and Love roll. It was served in tin foil, on a plate with flames. OMG - the most delish! You must try this.

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Our 9 year old grandson asked for teppanyaki for dinner. The chef was so entertaining and the food was superb! We had chicken and steak. Other guests at the table said it was the best lobster ever. The chef also prepared a butter for the lobster which was described as superb!
Make reservations for a table and enjoy a wonderful evening!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

My family and I are from NC and i guess we are used to the fabulous Kanki Japanese steakhouse here. We were visiting my husbands family and they recommend this place. I thought this was going to be the greatest food ever from the way they spoke about it. The soup had a funny taste and my hibachi chicken was not good at all. I did not finish my meal nor did I take it home.