“Trying Something New ”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

It seems like there are a million places to eat in Bakersfield. So many that it makes it difficult to choose. On a recent day off I was craving sushi but didn't want to go to the same places again.

I checked Trip Advisor for something in the area where I would be traveling and found a listing for Tokyo Garden, a place that has been here as long as I have but I have never visited. I

should've tried it's sooner. The baked muscles were different from another version that I've had before, light and refreshing, without the heavy sauce. The Bakersfield Roll was wonderful, and I will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank 366SandyM
There are newer reviews for tokyo garden

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

This roll is great. Had the scallops on the cooking table great show, service and food. Well worth the price

Reviewed 24 December 2016

This time we sat at the Teppanyaki Table witch was a lot of fun. The guy cooking right in front of you and entertainment with the tossing of the rice bowls and other things. Our 8 year old grand daughter couldn't take her eyes off of him, she was just so entertained. We had steak and scallops, excellent and teriyaki chicken, very good too. Our son-in-law ordered some kind of roll, wish I had gotten the name, but it was to die for. I know it cost $15.00 and had this great sauce on it. Going back next Friday night will get the name of it because we are going to have it again.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This is a great place to dine. The fresh sushi and salmon are the best I have had in Bakersfield.The Bento Box teriyaki chicken and gyoza are my favorites. I also enjoy the hibachi dinners. My friends especially enjoy the sushi, always freshly made . Open for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. Not one of them gave the reviews it deserved. We have eaten sushi in many cities across the states - some good, some not. But this place is hands down the best. The edamame tasted as if they were just picked. They wee served "al dente", hot, and salted just right. The miso soup was perfect. We had a Rainbow Roll, California Roll, Tuna and Avocado Roll (the tuna was prepared 'tartare'), and something new for us. A Fire and Love roll. It was served in tin foil, on a plate with flames. OMG - the most delish! You must try this.