“Wonderful breakfast and staff”

Cope's Knotty Pine Cafe
Ranked #12 of 907 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Staff is fun and engaging - really makes for a great visit. Wide menu options for breakfast. Lots of portions for diners. Prices are great. Parking can be a challenge. Wonderful spot and return every time I get a chance.

1  Thank LSUTraveller

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stopped here for lunch on a Sunday, it was busy but we didn't wait more than 5min for a table. Really interesting decor added to the family atmosphere.
Servers were really friendly. Burger size was large but not ridiculous, philly cheese steak was HUGE, both were really good.

1  Thank JamesM12694
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We called ahead and had a reservation for our party of 9. We had an excellent waitress that took great care of us. The food was exactly as ordered and everything was yummy.
Highly recommend the bacon cheeseburger with avocado.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

First off, order the bacon. Nice thick pieces, and cooked just right. Their country potatoes are good too. The service is really good!!!! My coffee cup was never empty.

Atmosphere was good. Really popular place. Place was full on a Friday morning at 7:30. Super close to the freeway too. :)

My only complaint was that the bathrooms need to have more than one stall for both the men and women's restrooms. Otherwise great place.

1  Thank Chongqing04
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Cope's is the most popular breakfast place in Bakersfield, and justifiably so. The portions are ginormous, the service unparalleled, and the atmosphere homey. My breakfast skillet was delicious and wY more than I could eat. The menu is somewhat limited, but it was easy to find something appealing.

The one egregiously negative point is that the entire time we were eating there was a line of customers waiting to use the restroom. In fact, I never got a chance to use the toilet as it was locked every time I tried to use it. A place with that many customers, serving that much coffee, needs more than one toilet per gender.