“One Heck of a Breakfast”

Pappy's Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Bakersfield
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are s family owner diner specializing in American Diner food. Portions are generous, served in a warm friendly environment with menu items made from scratch.
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Haven't been here for awhile and went after our bike ride in River Park on Friday Morning. (husband said he was treating us since we made 3 weeks in a row since getting back from vacation) They have such good service and very friendly. The waitress sat us at a booth and asked if we even needed to see a menu, they just know you have been here before, but we needed menus. I got an all meat and cheese omelet, fabulous, husband had pancake breakfast with had eggs, bacon and of course pancakes. When I posted it on Facebook our daughter posted she wanted the left overs. How did she know there would be leftovers? There always is, so much food and excellent. Going to have to do more bike riding so we can go back again, otherwise going to the gym and bike riding every morning (Monday through Friday) I will be gaining weight instead of staying even or losing a little.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Met a friend here to catch up and have breakfast. Neither disappointed. We both commented on the large portions. Fresh and quick. Waitress was extremely nice and efficient. As a side note, they offer a half order of the chicken fried steak.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to Pappy's four times since I moved to Bakersfield 3 years ago. I find myself sitting at my table and watching the well oiled machine that is Pappy's staff. It's a small space but the management does not skimp on the number of staff scheduled for a busy shift. The place was packed and every customer was well cared for. Through it all the staff was warm and pleasant. It was truly refreshing. Way to go guys! The food is fresh and wildly abundant but they allow for smaller portions which makes it nice. I have never had a bad experience. Breakfast is amazing. Great job!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The sausage patty is hot & delicious. This is the only place in Bakersfield where I've found a good bowl of grits for breakfast.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are were leaving town after visiting our daughter and I wanted a down home breakfast. We shared the broccoli ham mushroom omelette. It was made with fresh broccoli and mushrooms. The ham was very flavorful. The meal came with a huge biscuit and gravy. I could of eaten the meal by myself but glad I shared with my husband. I text my daughter and told her she needed to go there soon,