“Above Average Breakfast Buffet”

The Belvedere in The Padre Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere in The Padre Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 907 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a Sunday Brunch here. It was a little above average. We were there about thirty minutes after they opened, but a lot of their foods still weren’t out yet. What we did have was good, but I wouldn’t call it exceptional. If we go again, we will most likely eat in their bar restaurant . It has a great menu and the portions are more than ample.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I really enjoyed my flat iron steak salad, it was cooked exactly as I asked, and all the elements were fresh and it was beautifully presented. Cannot complain at all. I ordered hot tea and got gourmet, very very nice herb tea, served with fresh lemons and honey on the side. First class all the way. The wine list is good considering how small the place is. I loved everything about it.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Order rack of elk. The sauce was amazing. I ordered the meat medium rare. It came out old dirty boot well well well done. See picture attached. The service was lacking maybe short staffed. To get app took 30 minutes it was a beet salad. Once again Bakersfield is lacking a top notch restaurant.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We broke up our trip on the way home with a stay at the Padre Hotel and a meal in their Belvedere Room. After a week and a half of fine dining (and maybe just a little bit of over-eating), we ordered only drinks and a few side orders. Each was excellent!

We have lived in Japan and eaten at many a Michelin-starred restaurant there. We are often disappointed in the US where umami is sometimes only an exotic term, but Chef Chris and his chefs at the Belvedere room get it!

Just the day before, we had eaten lunch at Ad Hoc, Thomas Keller's casual, "family-style" restaurant in Yountville. We only wish Mr. Keller could have delivered as Chef Chris did.

When heading south or north on 5 or 99, stop off and try for yourself!

1  Thank CaliforniaDreaminMan
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I attended the Belvedere Room with friends and family for a celebration. I had no idea what to expect. First I noticed the decor. It was upscale but still inviting with character. When we were seated I was surprised at the selection of wines. A very respectable variety including local California wines. We ordered the 2013 Pinot Reserve which was great on its own but also paired nicely with my entree. Before I elaborate on that though I should mention my appetizer. A risotto flawlessly executed in subtly of flavor and texture. The perfect bite to the grain made it evident the chef was not just some trumped up fraud but a real artist. Now to my main course. A classicly prepared pasta carbonara. Velvety smooth sauce with no cream added and the perfect amount of pepper for a slight bite. The gentleman waiting our table was prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. This place gets an easy 10/10.