“Great place in great Padre Hotel”
Review of Farmacy Cafe

Farmacy Cafe
Ranked #4 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Bakersfield
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Tasty food! Great place to stop by) BBQ burger worth trying! Amazing staff -really friendly and nice

Reviewed 12 May 2017

If you are staying at the Padre, the coffee and oatmeal is great in the lobby cafe. I'm sure the other breakfast options are good but I'm a creature of habit.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Padre Hotel and after some research, I decided we should stop downstairs to partake in some good eats before hitting the road. Not disappointed. Got downstairs by 0945 or so to give us some time before our 1100 checkout, and we ordered Choco Chocolate Pancakes and Blueberry Lemon Pancakes with iced white mochas. Worth every carb. You can order breakfast and beverages grab and go, or sit down style. For sit down, you can sit on the small cafe side or the bar area (for larger tables and more booze options). Wish I wasn't driving so I could have ordered a spiked coffee drink! They sounded awesome.

1  Thank BingoSonoma
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

This swell little coffee shop is tucked towards the back of the hotel. Hot and iced coffee were both excellent and the baked good are strong. I wish they had a toaster and that tables would get bussed more quickly but the staff aren't slackers, maybe just too busy or short-staffed to pay attention to front-of-house.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I was in Bakersfield for work, last morning before going home to Sacramento. Aside...I have a vivid memory of my Mother getting a jaywalking citation at this location in 1965, she parked and crossed 18th Street to drop a letter at the Post Office. Another aside...I'm pretty sure the Padre Hotel was the building with the big letters hung out the windows in the 1960s (HOTEL FRAUDULENTLY CONDEMNED).

I wanted to find a decent breakfast at a local joint and Google revealed this place. It cost about the same as ihop but is a lot better especially the eggs, bacon, and pancakes, just top notch. I highly recommend this place, very impressive, good coffee too.